Aptasia X vs F Aptasia?

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What product works best for eliminating aptasia, one of these or something else?

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used both, f aptaisia seems to work well for me. Aptaisia x just made them sleep for a week and then multiply.

OP
OP
T

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone, F aiptasia it is! It looks like they work a little different with aiptasia X being ingested and F aiptasia being more of a tomb that covers them. I also ordered some Peppermint shrimp to possibly eliminate those I can't see before they become a problem.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everyone, F aiptasia it is! It looks like they work a little different with aiptasia X being ingested and F aiptasia being more of a tomb that covers them. I also ordered some Peppermint shrimp to possibly eliminate those I can't see before they become a problem.
If you’ve got Kalk ( calcium hydroxide ) and sodium hydroxide, you can make a DIY version.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do have powdered kalk. How do I mix and administer it?
Works better with 5 to 10% dry sodium hydroxide but Kalk on its own can work. Mix it with RODI into a paste (so you can still pick it up with a syringe). Turn off all flow for 90 mins. Put the syringe next to the invader and make an ice cream cone on top of it. Let it sit for the 90 mins. When you turn flow back on it can look like a disaster but I’ve never seen any harm come from the snow storm. Don’t get the original mix on anything you care about.

nkyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used both but F Aiptasia has a way of staying on the aiptasia for a longer period of time even after the pumps kick back on. Both work well but I'd choose F Aiptasia any day.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used both but F Aiptasia has a way of staying on the aiptasia for a longer period of time even after the pumps kick back on. Both work well but I'd choose F Aiptasia any day.
Same effect by adding sodium hydroxide to Kalk, can stay in situ for weeks.

kynan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always done fine with straight kalk ( ms wages pickling lime from Walmart).

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 110 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 85 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 41 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 13 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.6%
Back