Aqua medic evo 1000 overflowing

dertysweet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys.
I have an aquamedic evo1000 hob skimmer for 1 year now with no issues so far.
3 weeks ago started going crazy by itself and haven't figured out the problem until now.
My problem is that it is randomly overflowing(like fills the cup with clear water in 10 seconds) even at the lowest power(30%).
i will give an example from what i found: i turn it on at lowest settings, it runs well for hours, no skimm in the cup or maybe just very few, then, all of a sudden, it starts overflowing and does it for like 5-10 minutes, then it stops.
another example: i turn it on, block the air intake, everything ok when i release it, performs well but if i leave it on for 1-2 hours then block the air intake for seconds, when i release it, it overflows like hell and does it until i turn the skimmer off then ON, and does not do it again after tunting back on.
i cleaned it, the body and the pump, i checked for limescale deposits etc, it is not blocked by anything in the display. not to mention that i used to run it at 60%, now, anything above 35% overflows in minutes after turning on.
The only thing that i can think of is that the controller might be bad and not adjusting power corectly. Anything else i dont know. Does anyone, that uses this skimmer have problems like this?

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t answer the question but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

nickkopanas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bump , i also got this problem with an aquamedic evo 1001 new skimmer, lowest water level and it overflows instantly

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 20 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 5.9%
Back