AquaBiomics?

jonelder68

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know if AquaBiomics live rock rubble and sand is a seasonal available item? I’ve patiently been waiting two months for it to be in stock to order and start cycling my tank. I’ve emailed them twice to ask on an eta on when it will be available and haven’t gotten a response.

Is there any other companies that offer similar rubble etc for seeding a tank? My aquascape is all Marco’s rock so was wanting to get some live rock rubble to seed it without going with full size live rock to help the chances of hitch hiker introduction. This tank I’d love to keep bristle worms etc out!

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I ordered my sand from Tampa Bay saltwater. They offer live sand, rubble, and live rock. See my tank thread for details.

With TBS there are a number of ways you can seed your tank. You could put just a little bit of sand in with dead sand, or you could put a little bit of sand in the sump, or you could use rubble. All the way up to complete coverage with live sand and live rock. Lots of options.

OP
OP
jonelder68

jonelder68

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered my sand from Tampa Bay saltwater. They offer live sand, rubble, and live rock. See my tank thread for details.

With TBS there are a number of ways you can seed your tank. You could put just a little bit of sand in with dead sand, or you could put a little bit of sand in the sump, or you could use rubble. All the way up to complete coverage with live sand and live rock. Lots of options.
Ah! Not sure how I missed that they sell rumble….perfect thanks.

Andrews_aquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d try and get the Aussie Live rock from Unique corals when it comes in. The TBS and florida stuff all have SCTLD coral disease with it.

LiverockRocks

Gulf of Mexico Living Rock Farmers
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’d try and get the Aussie Live rock from Unique corals when it comes in. The TBS and florida stuff all have SCTLD coral disease with it.
This is false information.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know if AquaBiomics live rock rubble and sand is a seasonal available item? I’ve patiently been waiting two months for it to be in stock to order and start cycling my tank. I’ve emailed them twice to ask on an eta on when it will be available and haven’t gotten a response.

Is there any other companies that offer similar rubble etc for seeding a tank? My aquascape is all Marco’s rock so was wanting to get some live rock rubble to seed it without going with full size live rock to help the chances of hitch hiker introduction. This tank I’d love to keep bristle worms etc out!

As mentioned TBS has treasure chest boxes that can be over night / next day. KP aquatics has similar. Both are very reputable small businesses.

Indo Pacific Sea Farms sells reef tune up kits or refugium starters that have live sand, rubble, worms and what not. Also a very reputable small business.

Aquabiomics sells it but it goes in cycles. Their selling point is that they include a eDNA report with their product so you can see their bio-diversity and that it is pathogen / pest free.

Fellow hobbyist in the neighborhood or LFS you could also get sand, rubble, from them to seed your display.

Ok - with that out of the way it really comes down to what your comfort level is in whatever you choose. TBS, KP, IPSF have all been around and have solid reports of clean products. TBS, KP you may get some pests like Gorilla crabs but you may also get good things like feather dusters, macro algae, worms, pods, mithrax crabs, etc. I have a pair of gorilla crabs in my overflow box that spawn regularly - so free food for everyone :)

TL; DR - TBS, KP, IPSF, LFS, fellow hobbyist - up to you.

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Andre,
When you say “Florida stuff”, ALL have SCTLD, you said TOOO much. I have purchased more than 1000 pounds of Gulf Live Rock and TAMPA BAY SALTWATER for more than 20 years. I have never seen SCTLD except in pictures. However, when I googled it, I saw where you got your information. Not that I trust websites just because they claim to be US government websites; NOAA is a government agency. As I looked at the website, the areas infected are “The Florida Keys” looking into the Atlantic.

I spoke with the Russ Kronwetter, diver/owner of GulfCoast Ecosystem in August and he described widespread collateral damage to Florida Keys due to extreme heat during the summer of 2023. The collectors in the Gulf of Mexico did not see the same damage. I have known Russ for 20 years. In the last 5 years Russ has moved from collecting seaweed’s & janitors to collecting ornamental sponges which is a new focus for me. I have used Gulf Live Rock for 10 years and have great respect for the owner. Both diver/owners are environmental stewards who know their craft.

Tampa Bay Saltwater & Gulf Live Rock pioneered seeding offshore leases with 1000 tons of excavated Florida quarries Bryozoan limestone which was an ancient reef in Florida.

@jonelder68

With next day shipping 10 lbs at $130 may be more than you want. Consider doing a group buy to share cost. You will be very happy with what you get.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Andre,
When you say “Florida stuff”, ALL have SCTLD, you said TOOO much. I have purchased more than 1000 pounds of Gulf Live Rock and TAMPA BAY SALTWATER for more than 20 years. I have never seen SCTLD except in pictures. However, when I googled it, I saw where you got your information. Not that I trust websites just because they claim to be US government websites; NOAA is a government agency. As I looked at the website, the areas infected are “The Florida Keys” looking into the Atlantic.

I spoke with the Russ Kronwetter, diver/owner of GulfCoast Ecosystem in August and he described widespread collateral damage to Florida Keys due to extreme heat during the summer of 2023. The collectors in the Gulf of Mexico did not see the same damage. I have known Russ for 20 years. In the last 5 years Russ has moved from collecting seaweed’s & janitors to collecting ornamental sponges which is a new focus for me. I have used Gulf Live Rock for 10 years and have great respect for the owner. Both diver/owners are environmental stewards who know their craft.

Tampa Bay Saltwater & Gulf Live Rock pioneered seeding offshore leases with 1000 tons of excavated Florida quarries Bryozoan limestone which was an ancient reef in Florida.

@jonelder68

With next day shipping 10 lbs at $130 may be more than you want. Consider doing a group buy to share cost. You will be very happy with what you get.

Ask Russ if he could find me a couple of Gaudy Clown Crabs :)

Also ty for the detailed reply - that is money.

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ask Russ if he could find me a couple of Gaudy Clown Crabs :)

Also ty for the detailed reply - that is money.
You ask him. I am a friend, not his sales person.

PS: Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday are shipping days and he is quite busy. If he is not diving, talk with him on Thursday or Friday.

Gulf Coast Ecosystems, 504 Sally Lee Dr. Ellenton, Fl 34222 tel#941-225-9465 [email protected]

Gulf Coast Ecosystems is owned and operated by Russ Kronenwetter of Ellenton, Fl. Russ is dedicated to providing excellent customer service and a high quality product. We have low overhead, which allows us to offer competitive pricing to hobbyists as well as pet stores.
Russ dives for most of the product on the website himself so each specimen is hand collected for quality. We realize that when it comes to purchasing marine plants and macro algae online that they're many vendors to choose from, but not all of these offer a high quality product. We stand behind our product and packaging with a 100% customer satisfaction policy and will always refund or replace any items your not happy with.
If you have any questions concerning a particular species of macroalgae or need information on setting up and maintaining a refugium or a marine planted aquarium, please don't hesitate to call or email.
Gulf Coast Ecosystems, 504 Sally Lee Dr.,Ellenton, Fl 34222 94

Last edited:

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some sand from them in March but that seemed like a lucky purchase that it was available.

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carl Sagan once said BS claims require BS evidence…(or sumthin like that) lol

Andre,

@jonelder68

Kudos for even bothering to take the time for a very polite and considerate explanation, there was a lot of surface area for snark … nomination for “Hospitality Award” seriously

I’ve been done right by all the Florida collection crew, KP, Gulf Eco, et …let’s hope they lift the ban and let you folks start aquaculturing some of our USA native stuff

on topic, OP the advise for a natural biome mix is spot on…I got a zillion post advising mixing in natural sand/ rock from FL

OP
OP
jonelder68

jonelder68

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Andre,

@jonelder68

Thanks!

OP
OP
jonelder68

jonelder68

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Andre,

@jonelder68

No 10lbs should be fine. The more I think about it the more it makes sense. I’ll just order 10-20lbs and fill my 20L remote refugium with it. Also order some live sand and add it to the refugium. I’ll keep it all lighted with DT lights off and give time for bacteria to spread out. With live rock in remote refugium tank should keep any hitch hikers contained there and out of the DT or can at least hope. My other tank (23 years) old has all Fiji live rock and wasn’t fun. Originally had multiple gorilla crabs that were not fun catching. Once I got one I’d see another later on. Total of 4 and haven’t seen any for years so hopefully no more are hiding! Lately it’s a bristle worm farm. Can’t ever see them but if you touch any rocks you’ll sure find one. Yes I could seed my new tank with some of it but rather not. Besides anytime in the past I’ve rearranged the rocks it turns my clowns into killers. Otherwise there peaceful and get along with everyone. Except for the mystery hand that enters into there space!

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You ask him. I am a friend, not his sales person.

PS: Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday are shipping days and he is quite busy. If he is not diving, talk with him on Thursday or Friday.

My comment was more of tongue-in-cheek and jest but I guess my delivery failed to launch. Did not mean to offend you.

OP
OP
jonelder68

jonelder68

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some sand from them in March but that seemed like a lucky purchase that it was available.
This year March? I’ve checked daily plus on the notify if available email list for 2-3 months and nothing! Emailed twice and no response on eta. About to just give up and order some live rock

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This year March? I’ve checked daily plus on the notify if available email list for 2-3 months and nothing! Emailed twice and no response on eta. About to just give up and order some live rock

Ordered February and delivered March of this year

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 26 24.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 21 20.0%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 12 11.4%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 39 37.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back