[AquaBox] Logical Top Off!

Andrewalex11

Reef Technology
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So if some of you are regulars to the DIY Section and follow the threat for my Aquarium Controller we've pretty much completed the main box. There's not much to it and I want to start adding more goodies and automation to it!

I haven't used an Auto-top-off ever I literally have been marking the side of my tank with a dry erase marker and filling up the aquarium to that line 1x a day to maintain salinity.

So I want to change all of that! And for hopefully as cheap as possible!

The Logic Top Off will be built spesifically for Nano Aquariums and its main board will utilize transistor logic only! This saves on the size and the cost BY A LOT. Also the logic will control an RGB LED indicator again saving a lot of space.

How hard will it be? Well it pretty much took me about 30 minutes to wire it up all nicely and pretty much done, I just need to mount the float switch. I definitely would prefer to add optical sensors and probably will in the second revision of the ATO.

Just need a relay and a lifter pump and it's complete !!

Features:

* RGB Status light.
Red: water level low.
Green: water level good.
Blue: Filling aquarium

* Works with any pump you choose to use with it.

* Battery powered / ability to run off micro-USB cable.

Check AquaBox.us tonight around 10/11pm EST for parts lists and how to wire the whole thing up. Unfortunately I'm terrible at schematics so you won't get some fancy electrical engineer diagram.

IMG_0827.JPG
IMG_0826.JPG

IMG_0825.JPG

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%

Back