Aquaforest water tester

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, im little confused.....

Today i received aquafirrest tests for ca and mg, and confusing part is when u use 1ml syringe with tip, it says that u pull reagens until lower black part of plunger is on 1mm marking....

But, actual reagens amount in syringe is 0.9ml.....same for ca and mg tests....

I watched videos but its hard to notice is this actualy correct way, or did reagens level in syringe needs to be at 1ml mark?

If 0.9 is correct, then my levels are 450ca and 1300mg.... To perfect maybe, i dont dose anything, and dont do much water changes.....

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the air pocket is the compensation from the air in the tip that you put on, the bottom black should be at the 1ml. As you use the fluid the volume displaced is shown by how much the black part moved

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the air is normal, you could definitely get rid of the air bubble but you would just be using excess reagent, I actually only use .7 mL of reagent on my red sea alkalinity test kit as I know my alkalinity will land at .58-.6 mL (around 8.2-8.4) from experience. This is just to save on reagent though

OP
OP
Koh23

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, thank you, just to be sure that i test correctly....

Little suprised by results, i was expecting lower values.....

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a detailed Reef Chemistry Question of the day that describes proper use of a syringe. In general, you need not see any liquid in the syringe barrel for it to be working correctly, depending on the tip size (most high end pipettors for labs are designed this way, with disposable tips and always-clean barrels).

OP
OP
Koh23

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, later it crossed my mind that salifert test also work on same principle, but years have passed since last testing, so i forgot about it....

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back