Aquamans 90 Reef

unseen_dc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the wonderful compliments! Here is an updated FTS. I really need some help with them! I am not sure why but the highlights are too light and the shadows are too dark. Anyone know what could be up? I have tried changing aperture and messing with the ISO. Any ideas?

Anyways here are the pics.

_DSC2678-resizedr.jpg

_DSC2694-resizedr.jpg

_DSC2721-resizedr.jpg

_DSC2724-resizedr.jpg

Enjoy,

Matt

I did enjoy lookign at those pics,what kind of light ballance do you have on these pics?
Also i would have to say about a month ago i made your Sunrise monti my background pic and didnt remember where i had found the pic,anyway nice corals

OP
OP
aquaman3680

aquaman3680

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely incredible tank!!!!!

This is a very elementary question but how did you set up your auto top-off? I have wanted to set one up for a very long time but have no idea what it entails.

I am using the JBJ ATO. I love this unit because it has two sensors and it wont allow the pump in the reservoir to run dry if there is no water in there. The basic premise of the whole unit is to make it simple which this does very well. I have a 20 gallon reservoir under the 40 breeder stand with a sensor in the tank and another sensor in the sump that raises the water level when the float switch kicks on the pump. My whole theory on the ATO that I have seen many local reefers miss is that if the float switch was to get stuck on my sump would not over flow as it can only pump in a max of about 18 gallons. I have seen many people use 55 gallon drums as their reservoir and if something were to happen it would over flow the sump.

It is great and I am not sure I could live without it now!

Matt

OP
OP
aquaman3680

aquaman3680

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did enjoy lookign at those pics,what kind of light ballance do you have on these pics?
Also i would have to say about a month ago i made your Sunrise monti my background pic and didnt remember where i had found the pic,anyway nice corals

Do you mean kelvin rating? If so I am running 20K XM's. I actually don't have a sunrise monti, although I would really like one. I have a sunset, true superman, rainbow, pokerstar, laker, shamrock, and a reverse sunset. But to have my picture on your background is a major compliment, so thank you!

Matt

R

reef-nut

View Badges
What happen to all the AWESOME zoos? They were amazing. I also know that zoos are harder to keep than most people will admit. Everbody seems to keep buying all they can get, but seem to loose a lot of them and really has no idea why they died. I am pretty sure that most zoos do not like MH. If a person plans on keeping a lot of zoos or ricordea or soft coral, I would not do MH.

OP
OP
aquaman3680

aquaman3680

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happen to all the AWESOME zoos? They were amazing. I also know that zoos are harder to keep than most people will admit. Everbody seems to keep buying all they can get, but seem to loose a lot of them and really has no idea why they died. I am pretty sure that most zoos do not like MH. If a person plans on keeping a lot of zoos or ricordea or soft coral, I would not do MH.

Still got them! They are in the 40 breeder next to the 90. My problem was exactly what you described! I wanted to get better growth and color with my SPS so I got LumenBright Reflectors. The zoas started shrinking up from too much light so I set them up their own tank! They havent grown in quite yet but they will soon enough! It was also very difficult to balance water flow. The SPS that were on the zoa side of the tank did not get the water flow they needed, so there was no happy medium so the zoas are in their own tank!

Matt

R

reef-nut

View Badges
Man, I am so glad to here you moved them and they did not die. They are awesome and it kills me to see anybody loose any. Zoa are hard to keep, no matter what people say. Each kind has its own requirements.

OP
OP
aquaman3680

aquaman3680

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man, I am so glad to here you moved them and they did not die. They are awesome and it kills me to see anybody loose any. Zoa are hard to keep, no matter what people say. Each kind has its own requirements.

Yeah, if you don't have the right setup for them they can be difficult. Certain ones more than others. I have been through several frags of red wines and mohawks/variable star and none have lived. Not sure what happened they just melted. Once you find a place they do well they just take off!

Matt

R

reef-nut

View Badges
Thats the most awesome group of zoos I think I have ever seen. Thanks for the pics!

dan10342

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is that purple polyp monti on page 1 "montipora peltiformis"? if so, ive got the same one, and it is a gorgeous coral

OP
OP
aquaman3680

aquaman3680

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the compliments!

is that purple polyp monti on page 1 "montipora peltiformis"? if so, ive got the same one, and it is a gorgeous coral

I believe it is, it is one of my favorites. I have started calling it the Laker Monti as it is basically the Laker's colors. LOL

Matt

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquaman, An impressive collection. Thanks for sharing the photos. In what part of the country do you live? I travel quite a bit and would love to have a chance to photograph your corals.
Gary

OP
OP
aquaman3680

aquaman3680

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquaman, An impressive collection. Thanks for sharing the photos. In what part of the country do you live? I travel quite a bit and would love to have a chance to photograph your corals.
Gary
Thanks! I live in the Kansas City area.

Kurbs- Thank You!

Last edited:

dan10342

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if that blue an red monti u have there is the true superman danae, then that is some sick looking stuff!!!

OP
OP
aquaman3680

aquaman3680

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just changed out my ASM G-3 for an Octopus Extreme 200! I absolutely love this skimmer! It is awesome and very well made! It has been running for about 24 hrs now and is producing foam like crazy! Very nice skimmer and well worth the price!

Pics to come!

Matt

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 48.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.3%
Back