AquaMaxx HOB-1

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, after much research and deliberation, I finally decided and ordered the AM hob1.

It finally arrived today, and I must say, Im impressed!! This thing is awesome. Well made, easy to assemble(aside from the one extra o-ring ;), great looking, and seems like it will work like a beast!!

I've just got it up and running, so no performance reviews yet, but here are a few photos of the unit. And a few comparisons next to a CPR bakpak. ill keep ya posted on reviews.
IMG_2074.jpg
IMG_2076.jpg
IMG_2079.jpg
IMG_2084.jpg
IMG_2086.jpg

skelator

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive had mine three weeks maybe. im assuming its still breaking in cuse its still dumping tons of bubbles into the tank :/

Jdodson11

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had mine for a month and it works great , noisy from water return gurgling, thinking about modifying return, I couldn't figure out where the small o ring went but I emailed customer service and it goes on the water inlet pipe in between aquarium and skimmer dry side

OP
OP
Jlobes

Jlobes

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice. yeah, there is a bit of noise from the return section, but its manageable and could probably be modded fairly easily. seems to work great though.

skelator

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i emailed aquamaxx about my bubbles. he told me to take the t out and just run the 90. i didnt like the waterfall sound so i put it back in. afterwards i noticed it gurgling on occasion. it never did this before. so what i did was just press the fitting together better for a tighter fit. then the gurgling stopped. after that i turned the outlet backwards so its dumping into the back glass. the bubbless arent as noticeable that way. he said it still may come down but soon their gonna have a bubble trap availible.

Back