AQuarium Depot reviews

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My order came in on Wednesday. Everything looks ok. The red candy can is not red. The Cherry Bomb Red Zoas do not look like the picture. I ordered a large red blasto, the initial reason for my order in the first place, the blase was "back ordered". Now I have an $89 credit with a company that I am not sure I want to order from again. If you dont have it in stock, dont advertise it. 8>()AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHgggg

I feel for you, as I'm going to have to get some store credit too. I suggest going for the hardier corals. Anything coming from AD I give a 50/50 chance, so the hardier the better.

RobBaglieri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel for you, as I'm going to have to get some store credit too. I suggest going for the hardier corals. Anything coming from AD I give a 50/50 chance, so the hardier the better.
Hardy...hmmm. I bought a leather from them before and it was the size of a proton. ugh. Maybe I will buy $89 in pods.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hardy...hmmm. I bought a leather from them before and it was the size of a proton. ugh. Maybe I will buy $89 in pods.

Yeah they make the coral look a lot bigger than what you get. All the mushrooms advertised are huge, the ones I get are babies...

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AD has cheap corals that are potential diamonds in the rough, along with a high mortality rate.

My guess is they go real cheap on everything. I doubt they use medicating dips, do proper/consistant WC's, or use proper salts. When I hear the word "depot" I think large amounts of inventory being moved quickly with little as possible in between. I picture them buying large pieces of wild stock, then they quickly frag everything out using band saws, and then it's shipped out to the customers. So consider the coral and any other life they have to be highly stressed, hungry, possible diseased, and loaded with critters.

So you can either go buy WWC, Coral dudes, JF and get what you pay for, or buy AD and deal with the elevated risks.

Dip and quarantine FTW!

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do like shrooms. I think I will stock up on those and then become a shroom merchanto_O.

All 8 of the mushrooms I purchased this last time are doing well in the Pico tank. A Ric Florida arrived detached from a fresh plug. VERY common with them. That is the only one I'm truely concerned about and only because it's a Ricordea. I'll feel better after this weekend. 2 weeks ;)

I'm going to have a QT setup once the 65g is running. From that point on all my coral will be going in there for 2-3 weeks.

RobBaglieri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see you live in Mass. How far are you from Salem NH?
Pretty far. Im on the MA, RI, CT border. There are two good salt water stores not far from me but they usually have the same boring stuff. I hear there is a good store in Salem. My manager lives near there. He has a 500 gallon tank.

RobBaglieri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AD has cheap corals that are potential diamonds in the rough, along with a high mortality rate.

My guess is they go real cheap on everything. I doubt they use medicating dips, do proper/consistant WC's, or use proper salts. When I hear the word "depot" I think large amounts of inventory being moved quickly with little as possible in between. I picture them buying large pieces of wild stock, then they quickly frag everything out using band saws, and then it's shipped out to the customers. So consider the coral and any other life they have to be highly stressed, hungry, possible diseased, and loaded with critters.

So you can either go buy WWC, Coral dudes, JF and get what you pay for, or buy AD and deal with the elevated risks.

Dip and quarantine FTW!
I just checked out Coral Dudes. Seems like the pricing and selection on small frags is good. The quality must be better than Aquarium Depot.

stevo01

R33F!N @DD!CT
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty far. Im on the MA, RI, CT border. There are two good salt water stores not far from me but they usually have the same boring stuff. I hear there is a good store in Salem. My manager lives near there. He has a 500 gallon tank.

Jay's is in Salem! I live a good 2 hours away and it was well worth it. I went to the NE aquarium and Jay's on the same day. About 30 minutes apart.

I got massive colonies for $20-$30 each. They have a massive frag tank loaded with high end corals. Literally any coral you want they have. I haven't seen so much coral in one store before. Felt like a kid in a candy store. :)

RobBaglieri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jay's is in Salem! I live a good 2 hours away and it was well worth it. I went to the NE aquarium and Jay's on the same day. About 30 minutes apart.

I got massive colonies for $20-$30 each. They have a massive frag tank loaded with high end corals. Literally any coral you want they have. I haven't seen so much coral in one store before. Felt like a kid in a candy store. :)

I will check it out. I can talk my girlfriend into going to the outlet stores and then stop by some gun shops and Jays on the way back. ;)

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked out Coral Dudes. Seems like the pricing and selection on small frags is good. The quality must be better than Aquarium Depot.
Yea I have gotten stuff from them I like the coral dudes

Dextereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are the worst shop I have come in contact with when they were reefs2go and aquarium depot. Their "free" shipping aka 3-5 day shipping is completely irresponsible given the animals they ship. Do yourself a favor and move on to another seller.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I met the dudes at a frag show in north jersey. They are nice people real nice people and every frag I got from them is doing well in my tank and that was two months ago. I recomend checking out their live sale this weekend I went overboard last weekend on the jf sale or I would be in it. That and I'll see them next week at a frag show in Virginia. Trust me they are great people and funny

joejenn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my stuff. The packing was not bad but 3 ice packs was a little too much, everything was really cold. My snails are alive and already made them self at home in the sand. Got my my corals but I don't know what is alive or dead yet. Here are some pics.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 165 73.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 38 16.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.2%
Back