OP
OP
F

Foxamus22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I’ve last question. Was planning on doing the water purification and adding salt water in my basement and having the tank on the first floor. My only option. Is that something that should lead me to putting the tank in my basement. I spend way more time in my office so want to put it there

robotrash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I’ve last question. Was planning on doing the water purification and adding salt water in my basement and having the tank on the first floor. My only option. Is that something that should lead me to putting the tank in my basement. I spend way more time in my office so want to put it there

There's some options here:

1. Use a remote sump for your tank and plumb the sump through the floor to your tank making water management simpler for you (this would also presumably give you more space for a frag tank, QTs, etc to be close to your water source).

2. Set up your station using a high head pump and run a hose to your office for water changes.

3. Accept that you'll be carting buckets up and down steps to your tank for WCs.

Either way, I would always recommend having the tank where you spend most of your time, otherwise you're more likely to "fall off" of care and regular maintenance.

encrustingacro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend putting your tank in a place that you are fine flooding with saltwater. Trust me; using RODI and changing water can get things REALLY wet, especially if you don’t get the RODI fittings right. For the year with my RODI system, my garage would always flood, even with a float valve. Turns out, I didn’t install the tubing onto the valve properly.

OP
OP
F

Foxamus22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I stick with the hobby after a bit I’d love to add plumbing directly to the tank. My houe outside is like 5 feet from my office so could eventually add piping.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 120 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back