aquaticlife light

Rookie_Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have aquaticlife light in my reef tank which has 3 light zone, white, blue and night. Its set to default settings i.e.
White light - 9AM - 17:00
Blue light - 8 AM - 20
Night 20:00 - 6 AM.
Obviously between 6 and 8 am, its totally dark.

I wasn't sure if this timing is optimal? Do you recommend something other than above timing?
Regards,

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have aquaticlife light in my reef tank which has 3 light zone, white, blue and night. Its set to default settings i.e.
White light - 9AM - 17:00
Blue light - 8 AM - 20
Night 20:00 - 6 AM.
Obviously between 6 and 8 am, its totally dark.

I wasn't sure if this timing is optimal? Do you recommend something other than above timing?
Regards,

I also have an Aquatic life fixture with the same white, blue and moonlight led settings. For me the default settings didn't work as well for my lifestyle or my coral as what I set up myself. Its kind of personal preference and what suits your corals and tank.

OP
OP
R

Rookie_Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have an Aquatic life fixture with the same white, blue and moonlight led settings. For me the default settings didn't work as well for my lifestyle or my coral as what I set up myself. Its kind of personal preference and what suits your corals and tank.
What did u change it to?

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did u change it to?

I have the moonlight led come on at 9am, (I am home all day so I enjoy the tank in the morning too), then at noon the moonlight goes off and the blues come on. At 1:30pm the whites also come on. All 4 bulbs run until 7:30pm when the whites turn off. Then at 9pm the blues turn off and the fish go to sleep.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I needed less white hours because I have LPS, (which don't need as much light) and I feed pretty heavy and didn't want to grow algae. That is my reasoning for running the lights less hours.

OP
OP
R

Rookie_Reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the moonlight led come on at 9am, (I am home all day so I enjoy the tank in the morning too), then at noon the moonlight goes off and the blues come on. At 1:30pm the whites also come on. All 4 bulbs run until 7:30pm when the whites turn off. Then at 9pm the blues turn off and the fish go to sleep.

I assume you have a fish only tank? I didn't think corals would survive with not having lights on for 12 hours as you do.
When you say moonlight, you meant night light?
I think with the factory setting, I have my lights on more than what its supposed to do. I was expecting to get more feedback but o well. Will run to fish store and ask them.

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I assume you have a fish only tank? I didn't think corals would survive with not having lights on for 12 hours as you do.
When you say moonlight, you meant night light?
I think with the factory setting, I have my lights on more than what its supposed to do. I was expecting to get more feedback but o well. Will run to fish store and ask them.

No, its a coral tank with LPS, softies and even a crocea clam. You can check my tank out in the members aquariums in the nano tanks under Dawn's 36g bowfront. Different corals have different lighting needs. LPS and softies have lower lighting needs than SPS. Crocea clams have high light needs so I have it placed very high in the tank and where it gets direct light from the bulbs. You want your lights on long enough to meet the corals needs but not so long that you grow unwanted algae. Of course light is only 1 contributing factor to unwanted algae. LOL

rjcranor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this fixture and have the blue from 8-21:00 and white 10- 20:00. Moon from 21:00-00:00.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 31 38.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 33 40.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back