Aqumaxx T-3 calcium reactor set up help.

castroes165

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone would help me set up a T-3 calcium reactor please let me know or if you know someone that knows please let me know. I believe i have everything i need to set it up. I have watched a lot of youtube videos and have done what they did but something is not right. Maybe because i dont have a continuous doser. I have a regular hydros doser. Could that be the problem? I need all the help i can get. We are new to this hobby and any advice will be appreciated.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone would help me set up a T-3 calcium reactor please let me know or if you know someone that knows please let me know. I believe i have everything i need to set it up. I have watched a lot of youtube videos and have done what they did but something is not right. Maybe because i dont have a continuous doser. I have a regular hydros doser. Could that be the problem? I need all the help i can get. We are new to this hobby and any advice will be appreciated.

What appears to be the problem?

Watch these videos also:

Calcium Reactors:

Calcium Reactor crash course for beginners wanting to understand the basics. After you finish these video’s you will have a good understanding of how they work and should be able to set one up.

How I tune my CaRx (Kevin’s way):

CaRx setup video and fundamental’s

—————————————

Very helpful videos from Rico (controversial guy). However, his videos break it down and are definitely helpful if you’re a beginner. Watch these in order. 1 - 4.

—————————————-

BRS- top 20 failures:

BRS- long stream with excellent information:

BRS- more flow = less ALK? This one is not really needed for the method I run, but it is beneficial to understand how flow dictates alkalinity to a certain extent.

OP
OP
C

castroes165

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What appears to be the problem?

Watch these videos also:

Calcium Reactors:

Calcium Reactor crash course for beginners wanting to understand the basics. After you finish these video’s you will have a good understanding of how they work and should be able to set one up.

How I tune my CaRx (Kevin’s way):

CaRx setup video and fundamental’s

—————————————

Very helpful videos from Rico (controversial guy). However, his videos break it down and are definitely helpful if you’re a beginner. Watch these in order. 1 - 4.

—————————————-

BRS- top 20 failures:

BRS- long stream with excellent information:

BRS- more flow = less ALK? This one is not really needed for the method I run, but it is beneficial to understand how flow dictates alkalinity to a certain extent.

Thank you i really appreciate it. I think the main problem is trying to set it with hydros. For some reason the PH goes down to 6.13 in the reactor and hydros doesn’t seem to be communicating with the reactor. I followed the instructions on how to set up a reactor in hydros so im just confused at this point.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CaRx using a pH probe can be inefficient even when running well and totally out of whack when the pH probe starts to drift or fails. There is a google doc on my signature that will teach you how to tune the reactor without a pH probe for 24x7 consistent results. Even if you use a pH probe later, it is a good idea to know how the work and how to tune them so that you can troubleshoot.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you i really appreciate it. I think the main problem is trying to set it with hydros. For some reason the PH goes down to 6.13 in the reactor and hydros doesn’t seem to be communicating with the reactor. I followed the instructions on how to set up a reactor in hydros so im just confused at this point.
You probably need to post in the Hydros forum and get that figured out first. This more of a technical issue other than a problem with the reactor itself. Best of luck.

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CaRx using a pH probe can be inefficient even when running well and totally out of whack when the pH probe starts to drift or fails. There is a google doc on my signature that will teach you how to tune the reactor without a pH probe for 24x7 consistent results. Even if you use a pH probe later, it is a good idea to know how the work and how to tune them so that you can troubleshoot.

I agree with Jda, this is a great skill to learn. Understanding how to test effluent dKH is beneficial and honestly all you need to know, but a pH makes it easier. You can utilize both methods at the same time. You may need to dilute the sample and double the value if using a Hanna checker as the range only goes to 20 dKH (if you’re over 20 dKH effluent).

OP
OP
C

castroes165

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank u so much!

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a salifert test kit when using a CaRx. They are cheap and you can use them to test 50 dKh if you need it.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 30 21.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 102 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.3%
Back