Are ClearWater Algae Scrubbers being being discontinued??

anthonymckay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've was trying to buy a Clearwater cw-100 V2 last week, and noticed they aren't available from any online vendors. Went back onto BRS today to see if they were back in stock, and noticed they didn't even have the CW-100 or CW-50 listed anymore. Contacted their support to ask about it and they responded that BRS will no longer be selling ClearWater scrubbers anymore. All the other retailers I checked have them listed as out of stock as well. Anyone know what's going on? Are they discontinuing these or something?

1708972034403.png

OP
OP
anthonymckay

anthonymckay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To add to this, I just noticed that while SaltwaterAquariums.com lists them as "Out of Stock" on their website, they in fact have 1 listed on ebay which seems like an effort to clear out their remaining stock? While I'd like to grab this, it makes me a bit hesitant as I've read of some people having the LED lights stop working, and only being able to get them replaced from clearwater themselves.

OP
OP
anthonymckay

anthonymckay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, a bit more online sleuthing and I discovered an announcement on their Facebook page. ClearWater sold off the consumer branch of production to Adaptive Reef and will no longer be manufacturing consumer filtration products to solely focus on commercial filtration applications.

Adaptive Reef's Facebook page mentions this and that they'll be launching the "Adaptive Reef Algae Scrubber". No indication if that means they'll just start manufacturing the existing design of the CW V2 but now labeled with Adaptive Reef, or if they'll be altering that design. Also no indication of when these will launch.

KC2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"The introduction of the AdaptiveReef algae scrubber, seamlessly integrated into our Enthusiast-grade filtration line..."

So it looks like they bought the product line and took over support.

Something about the terminology 'Enthusias-grade' tells me the price isn't going down.

OP
OP
anthonymckay

anthonymckay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got confirmation from the owner of ClearWater Scrubber, Josh Johnson, that Apdative Reef will in fact continue manufacturing the same V2 design previously being sold but now with Adaptive Reef branding!

stephanjupillat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just fyi, the ballasts had a part that takes 10 minutes to remove, then they work again. They shipped me replacements anyway but told me how to fix the ones I had. Apparently whoever made the lights added a part they weren’t soppose to.

I actually need to add another scrubber. knew I should have bought the biggest one, so now on the hunt.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just fyi, the ballasts had a part that takes 10 minutes to remove, then they work again. They shipped me replacements anyway but told me how to fix the ones I had. Apparently whoever made the lights added a part they weren’t soppose to.

I actually need to add another scrubber. knew I should have bought the biggest one, so now on the hunt.

Two scrubbers are more advantageous than one large one. I can help you find a suitable model if you pm me some details

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back