Are my hawkfish good friends?

BlenniesAndTangs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had 2 flames PAIRED now. I am not sure if their getting along well. They usually chase eachother, and sometimes sit next to eachother. They play game around the tank. They live in a 130 gallon tank. Girl and boy, Pearl and Blaze.

I wasn't able to find their photos in my gallery.

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I understand hawkfish are hermaphrodites. I've had a pair of flames in one of my systems and for about 14 years now and they act the same way. Actual spawning has never been observed but for about 10 - 12 years now the smaller one every few weeks or month or so looks like she swallowed a marble for a day and is back to normal the next day.

OP
OP
BlenniesAndTangs

BlenniesAndTangs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As I understand hawkfish are hermaphrodites. I've had a pair of flames in one of my systems and for about 14 years now and they act the same way. Actual spawning has never been observed but for about 10 - 12 years now the smaller one every few weeks or month or so looks like she swallowed a marble for a day and is back to normal the next day.
My girl, which IS the smallest and my boy is the largest. I know how fish get pregnant too, (i'm not one of those people who believe their fat lawnmower blenny is pregnant. my baby lawnmower is the literal cutest baby ive ever seen)

OP
OP
BlenniesAndTangs

BlenniesAndTangs

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly, A month ago pearl died by jumping out of the tank, aswell as my baby lawnmower. Rest In Peace, those two..

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 181 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back