Are there any light fixtures that can fully cover a 75g?

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Air Pro AP-1200.
160 watts.
$399.99US.

Can usually get em cheaper at AliExpress.
May come with a different controller

I never heard of this, but it looks nice. Anyone out there using it? Any reviews comparing or analyzing it? I searched and didn’t find anything but this thread

Upvote 0

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do have a link to one of those threads by any chance?

Why certainly sir

Upvote 0

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do have a link to one of those threads by any chance?
Ok, I wasn't gonna comment, but after seeing that cheap x30 knock-off light, with inferior led diodes in it no less, I have to ask, if you looking at spending that kind of money, why not just invest in Reefi Lab uno 2.0 lights and never have to worry about if you have enough light to grow anything.

I think you would need 2 of these lights, placed 12 inches above your water line, with the 90 degree reflectors, probably at about 95 watts total power. Use a PAR Meter to set these lights unless you wanna burn coral.
You would be able to grow any kind of coral you want with no limitations due to lighting.

I run 4 of these on an 8ft 300g mixed reef, at 115watt of the available 270watts total power and I am growing SPS. LPS, Nems, Softies, etc. About 100par on my sandline in 27inches of water.

These are possibly the most powerful lights available right now at HALF the cost of the Radion, Kessil, Orphek, Photon, Neptune Sky, etc. And they come with an Industry Leading 3 year warranty. I promise you have never seen customer support like Daniel Lu offers with these lights. Just spend a week watching his Facebook page for these lights, you will see it too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/ReeFiLove

I know you wanted to light the whole tank for $500, and you might be able to do that with some real cheap lights or asain pucks (Viper Spectra). These reefi's will cost about twice that to light your tank correctly, but when you compare to the $1800 you'd spend on Radion, Kessil etc for that same tank, I'd say $900 is a Bargain.

After having used these reefi lights for almost a year and seeing the growth of my coral, I'll never buy any other brand for my tanks, I am 120% sold on these being the best light I can get my hands on.

Upvote 0

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never heard of this, but it looks nice. Anyone out there using it? Any reviews comparing or analyzing it? I searched and didn’t find anything but this thread
Well BRS tried to market it under the AquaMAXX branding. A slight variation on the current micmol direct lights.
It's a brand getting very little traction for the usual capitalism "picking of winners and losers".

I see 1) using glass not plastic.
2) Full panel thermal compound from panel to heat sink.

In other words 'little things' that "should" make a difference.
The Micmol brand seems to be more common over seas, or so I've been told.
Anyways bit of history.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
I

ILikeFish!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well BRS tried to market it under the AquaMAXX branding. A slight variation on the current micmol direct lights.
It's a brand getting very little traction for the usual capitalism "picking of winners and losers".

I see 1) using glass not plastic.
2) Full panel thermal compound from panel to heat sink.

In other words 'little things' that "should" make a difference.
The Micmol brand seems to be more common over seas, or so I've been told.
Anyways bit of history.

How do these compare to a couple like of noopsyches and viparspectras because they are all around the same price?

Upvote 0

Outlaw Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This would be perfect and it says close to metal halide’s as you can get, I got one about a month ago and it definitely has that metal halide look but if that’s not what you’re going for just tweak it to whatever you like and no matter where you set it it will automatically adjust to full spectrum

Upvote 0

Outlaw Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This would be perfect and it says close to metal halide’s as you can get, I got one about a month ago and it definitely has that metal halide look but if that’s not what you’re going for just tweak it to whatever you like and no matter where you set it it will automatically adjust to full spectrum
I guess it would be helpful. If I posted the light I’m talking about. Sorry about that.

Attachments

• 02DAD9F5-BCB6-4BE2-BF65-90E52E4A9061.png
    02DAD9F5-BCB6-4BE2-BF65-90E52E4A9061.png
    145.3 KB · Views: 11
Upvote 0

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do these compare to a couple like of noopsyches and viparspectras because they are all around the same price?
Remember the vipars are 110w not 165..
Also run fans and a license plate heat sink.
Harsh 90 degree tir lenses
2 channels (blue,white)

Noopsyche has that big fisheye lens. Puck like

Really you would probably pick on "incidentals" than which "works" better.

your call when you add up your needs/wants list..

Upvote 0
OP
OP
I

ILikeFish!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I wasn't gonna comment, but after seeing that cheap x30 knock-off light, with inferior led diodes in it no less, I have to ask, if you looking at spending that kind of money, why not just invest in Reefi Lab uno 2.0 lights and never have to worry about if you have enough light to grow anything.

I think you would need 2 of these lights, placed 12 inches above your water line, with the 90 degree reflectors, probably at about 95 watts total power. Use a PAR Meter to set these lights unless you wanna burn coral.
You would be able to grow any kind of coral you want with no limitations due to lighting.

I run 4 of these on an 8ft 300g mixed reef, at 115watt of the available 270watts total power and I am growing SPS. LPS, Nems, Softies, etc. About 100par on my sandline in 27inches of water.

These are possibly the most powerful lights available right now at HALF the cost of the Radion, Kessil, Orphek, Photon, Neptune Sky, etc. And they come with an Industry Leading 3 year warranty. I promise you have never seen customer support like Daniel Lu offers with these lights. Just spend a week watching his Facebook page for these lights, you will see it too. https://www.facebook.com/groups/ReeFiLove

I know you wanted to light the whole tank for $500, and you might be able to do that with some real cheap lights or asain pucks (Viper Spectra). These reefi's will cost about twice that to light your tank correctly, but when you compare to the $1800 you'd spend on Radion, Kessil etc for that same tank, I'd say $900 is a Bargain.

After having used these reefi lights for almost a year and seeing the growth of my coral, I'll never buy any other brand for my tanks, I am 120% sold on these being the best light I can get my hands on.
If i was going to spend that much on lights I would just buy a kessil

Upvote 0

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i was going to spend that much on lights I would just buy a kessil
You would spend twice as much, for less light. And at those prices, Ya Kessil just does not stack up well at all.

Your money to spend as you see fit. But I prefer to get a little value for my dollar, considering what I go thru to earn it. :)

1716150737430.png

Upvote 0
Back