As a Reefer, Are You Interested in the Ocean?

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me, reefing is as close to the ocean I can get on a daily basis. Though I can look out my front window at Lake Erie, that just doesn’t excite me as much. I love the ocean, and the sealife it hosts. I always have.

Are you interested in the ocean and the ecosystem it provides? Or does your interest stop with your tank?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
YES! Owning a reef tank increased my love for the ocean and opened up other types of enjoyment for me like snorkeling and just walking the beach looking for "reefy" things!

Keko21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hell yeah brother! The reef tank just manages my daily ocean withdrawal lol! I live in Central FL now, but used to be in Tampa where I was on my kayak every week fishing and snorkeling exploring the crazt ecosystems in the bay. Every time I get the opportunity to check out a new reef when I am traveling I take it- and it is SOO much more enjoyable since getting into this hobby!

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love snorkeling and as I call it rock hoping ,,looking through tidal pools for cool things. I live in Alaska so dont do either here but im very fortunate to get to go hawaii each year and normally spend couple hours every day snorkeling and my wife now has a appreciation for the reefs and the tidal pools after showing her all the cool stuff in them.

rhitee93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was an interest in ocean life that got me into reefing. I don't get to see the ocean very often, but have always been fascinated with marine life. Thought I wanted to be an ichthyologist for a long time.

Where I live, a 1 acre farm pond is called a lake :p Must be human nature to want what we can't get easily.

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
jacques cousteau GIF

Always wanted to be this guy growing up :)

Digimes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me, reefing is as close to the ocean I can get on a daily basis. Though I can look out my front window at Lake Erie, that just doesn’t excite me as much. I love the ocean, and the sealife it hosts. I always have.

Are you interested in the ocean and the ecosystem it provides? Or does your interest stop with your tank?
I LOVE the ocean and beaches. Its one of my two favorite places. 50ft under the surface or 5,000 feet in the air flying. Both are amazing.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love both fresh and salty water. Reefing has expanded my vacation outlook to explore snorkeling and Scuba diving. Fishing too! I love to see the cool stuff on this earth. Conservation is critical to keep our environment healthy and beautiful. IMG_1150.jpeg

paintman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Being from New Jersey.......I can assure there is nothing more gross than the jersey shore! Over crowded and dirty.

BCSreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got into reefing and diving the same time back in the 1990s. Wife and I are avid divers and dive every day when on vacation. I love underwater photography too.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back