0   0   0
R2R Welcome.jpg

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, it’s a pleasure to join a very knowledgeable group of people, who are here for the betterment of the individuals undertaking these joys and the hobby as a whole.

Now for the stuff I am not good with, posting and telling about myself. My name is Bobby, and I Iive in the middle of no where western Maryland. My wife and I finally decided to try our hand at reef keeping. Up until last month we have only had a 55 gallon SW FOWLR system with sump (my wife likes the fish but I really want to have the beauty of corals in our home). So we decided to down size our current setup to open up some room in the living room and try a small system (25 gallon Aquatop ECO series AIO) which has been cycling for three weeks. Looking to go with a small zoa island/garden and some LPS throughout when the time comes; my wife is not a patient person so I keep telling her to slow down and enjoy the ride!

Anyway, thanks for having me and as always Happy Reefing!
Good luck brother. Just be happy ur wife is into hobby with you. Mine thinks I have a problem because I pay more attention to my seahorses than her. Welcome aboard r2r your gonna love this website

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let this be a lesson to all future members.......... many great usernames are still available.......

Good luck with that tank long-term...... if the wife likes fish, the wife will like bigger more colorful fish that will need a bigger tank, and need more coral, more $, bigger water changes, more $, maybe less work, more stable, and.... more $...... yep, $$$$$$$!!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of us are crazy for fish. Some of us are crazy for coral. Some of us are crazy for fish and coral. And some of us are just plain crazy!
Welcome to R2R, Bobby!

giphy.gif

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you have a good plan. No need to post about your self... however.. your tank.. Yea.. we gotta know about your tank... LOL.. we are all tank junkies LOL. Seriously, welcome.

Hopefully you kept the 55 and sump, you’ll get the bug to upgrade.. we all do. ;)

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm expecting that you will start two build threads here in 2020.
The first will be the new tank you are planning on and the second will be a monster upgrade your wife will want! This is going to be a great chapter in your life story sir.

Welcome to Reef2Reef

Let's
howdy.gif
celebrate 2020 with a gif I poached from another thread earlier. (Thanks @lapin)

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 14 9.4%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 63 42.3%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 71 47.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back