ASD Decorated Giraffe

Opalmoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got this in qt right now, hoping it will make it. It came in with a Zoanthid eating spider. Its kicking up a tiny bit of slime and one of the heads looks like it is gone. Not sure if i should try to remove it or wait and see.

20200521_093948.jpg

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave it be - less stress allows it to just live and nourish itself. Assuming you dipped + removed the critter, I know it's in healthy hands! Fingers crossed for you! Take care

bsn_rn_cen

Grandmaster Algae Farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What dips did you use? When I nuke zoas with bayer sometimes they look angry like this but they have so far all recovered.

OP
OP
Opalmoon

Opalmoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leave it be - less stress allows it to just live and nourish itself. Assuming you dipped + removed the critter, I know it's in healthy hands! Fingers crossed for you! Take care

Yep I removed the pest and gave it a dip to try and remove any eggs if there were any. Its sitting in QT starting to look healthier.

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

bummer on the bug, you did it right and got good advice. Keep the qt water and light good. The fresh water dip was good, should have been for at least 3 minutes. Can’t wait to see them open. you contact the vendor?

OP
OP
Opalmoon

Opalmoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

bummer on the bug, you did it right and got good advice. Keep the qt water and light good. The fresh water dip was good, should have been for at least 3 minutes. Can’t wait to see them open. you contact the vendor?

I have already Contacted the vendor and sorted that out, they're going to be giving me a replacement coral regardless of this one making it or not as an oops. Was very painless to deal with and very fast.

I curently dont have an extra light for my QT tank so I might just have to move my light over to it to give it some love at some point. I didn't want to risk giving it too much if it was unhappy from shipping and struggling with the parasite.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these as well. They came with a little bubble algae...hope a spider didn’t make it through the coral rx dip ;Wideyed Did yours come off in the dip or Did you see it and pull it off?? Oh jeez. I’ve had them a month now

OP
OP
Opalmoon

Opalmoon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have these as well. They came with a little bubble algae...hope a spider didn’t make it through the coral rx dip ;Wideyed Did yours come off in the dip or Did you see it and pull it off?? Oh jeez. I’ve had them a month now
I saw it and pulled it off. The dip and soak was more to make sure there were no eggs, though I need to keep it in quarantine for at least 2 months give or take if I want to make sure there won't be any other surprises.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got some of those and very pretty! They must grow like weeds because the vendor had huge chucks of them for sale and is still selling huge frags of them and small frags of all his other zoas!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 114 81.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.3%
Back