ATI Essentials Pro 1&2- what is in each bottle?

mginani

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if this has been asked already. Is there somewhere that lists what is in each bottle and which bottle raises Alk versus Ca and Mg?

My Alk is a little low but my Ca and Mg are high and I’m trying to figure out how to adjust.

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are looking for just the big 3, part 1 is Alk, 2 contains calcium and mag.

That being said, i would love to see the full list of elements in each part! It would help me understand what supplemental dosing I still need.

Mortie31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are looking for just the big 3, part 1 is Alk, 2 contains calcium and mag.

That being said, i would love to see the full list of elements in each part! It would help me understand what supplemental dosing I still need.
On the ATI fb page they said there was nothing in bottle 1 other than Alk, this came about as I was querying increasing dosing on bottle 1 to raise Alk levels as it would increase other elements that might not be low and it would be better to just use bicarb.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the ATI fb page they said there was nothing in bottle 1 other than Alk, this came about as I was querying increasing dosing on bottle 1 to raise Alk levels as it would increase other elements that might not be low and it would be better to just use bicarb.

Essentials Pro Bottle 1: Iodine, sulfur and alkalinity
Essentials Pro bottle 2: Ca, Mg, Br, B, F, K, Mo, etc

MikeyG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Have a similar question. I used my Red Sea test kit to test the solution in each bottle, and confirmed bottle 1 has extremely high alkalinity levels while bottle 2 has none.

However, I am interesting in finding out what are the other elements in Bottle 1 along with the alkalinity solution.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Have a similar question. I used my Red Sea test kit to test the solution in each bottle, and confirmed bottle 1 has extremely high alkalinity levels while bottle 2 has none.

However, I am interesting in finding out what are the other elements in Bottle 1 along with the alkalinity solution.

Essentials Pro Bottle 1: Alkalinity, Iodine, sulfur and alkalinity
Essentials Pro bottle 2: Calcium, Mg, Br, B, F, K, Mo, etc

rhastareefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you please explain the inclusion of Chlorine and Copper?

The chlorine is weird but I did find this: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/0043135477901543

Copper is present in natural sea water in low levels (I'm sure this will be part of their reasoning). I use a similar 2-part that also has copper and I've been thrilled with the results, been keeping a close eye on ATI's Pro product for this reason.

Regarding the chlorine, here is an excerpt, keep in mind Chloride is an ion of chlorine:

'The most abundant dissolved ions in seawater are sodium, chloride, magnesium, sulfate and calcium."

Hogan, C. Michael (2010). "Calcium", eds. A. Jorgensen, C. Cleveland. Encyclopedia of Earth. Some evidence shows the potential for fairly regular ratios of elements maintained across surface oceans in a phenomenon known as the Redfield Ratio. National Council for Science and the Environment.

Calcium Chloride, magnesium chloride etc are all commonly used supplements for reef keeping, hence the addition of chloride/chlorine in our ATI Essentials Pro.

Joe Rice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find I'm using Part 2 of the ATI Essentials Pro at a significantly faster rate than Part 1. Is it possible to purchase individual bottles of Part 2?

MikeyG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to everyone including ATI for your replies. I do find it valuable when other reefers can supplement the manufacturers claims with real world experiences.
For no reason other than my own i had to temporarily stop dosing from bottle #1 which contains the alkalinity solution. This came as a result of me using another product to raise my PH level whick also significantly raised my alkalinity(Dkh) level up from 11ppm to 16ppp over a 4 day period. Once my alkalinity(Dkh) level is back down to 9-10ppm i will resume dosing from bottle #1.

In addition i have begun supplementing my dosing with Red Sea reef energy solutions which contains amino acids, and a range of carbohydrates. This is necessary, because I run a ULN system.

jokotz64

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i currently use ATI essentials and switch to the pro view would i adjust my dose

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If i currently use ATI essentials and switch to the pro view would i adjust my dose

Be very careful with this. I went from 330ml of each of the 3 essentials to 24ml of pro. While that sort of stabilized my alk (tested by alkatronic twice daily during the time), my calcium dropped from 440ish to 350 in a couple weeks time. I ended up giving up on pro after not getting it to fully stabilize, and am now using a calcium reactor.

steve bergmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am finding that essentials pro 2 is not keeping up with essentials pro 1 as well. It seems like I have to dose a substantial amount more of 2 to make this work. Unless my Hanna Checker is wrong. Where is Trident when you need it.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Steve, each reef is a little different, while typically the ratio is 1:1 it is possible you'll need to dose more of one than the other.

ATI Essentials will slowly raise your salinity, so a skimmer will help counter that because you are removing water/salt with skimmate. It doesn't otherwise effect anything.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Steve, each reef is a little different, while typically the ratio is 1:1 it is possible you'll need to dose more of one than the other.

ATI Essentials will slowly raise your salinity, so a skimmer will help counter that because you are removing water/salt with skimmate. It doesn't otherwise effect anything.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 146 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back