ATK Alarm Code - Fan Causing consistent false alarms despite Defer language.

Mfield16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey hey.

Hoping to get some help with an annoying little issue I have been having with the ATK and it's high level sensor. I have a large fan mounted above and to the side of my sump which is triggered when the temp gets too high. That's working fine. It's great honestly. The only issue is that it creates a small wave in the sump, where the ATK is located.

This small wave causes the ATK_HI sensor to close. Then open. Then close. Then open. Etc etc.

This in turn causes a VO I created called ATKHighLevel to then set off the alarm on the apex. Texts and notification. SO MANY TEXTS AND NOTIFICATIONS. I have had to add a Defer line on the Virtual Output of 5 minutes.

But somehow, someway, it's still giving me what I call "wave alarms". Could someone chime in on anything I could change or add or remove to make this not happen during a "wave" event, but still happen when it's an issue?

Here is the current ATKHighLevel VO code:

Set OFF
If ATK_HI CLOSED Then ON
If Output RetPump_2_3 = OFF Then OFF
If Output vFeed = ON Then OFF
Defer 005:00 Then ON

And here you can see how the fan triggers the alarm . (Note I changed the Defer time from 40 seconds to 5 minutes yesterday to see if it would help. It helped, but didn't solve it.

1715178774029.png

OP
OP
Mfield16

Mfield16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess that’s the real answer. Just turn it off if the fan is on.

The defer isn’t working no matter what length. I’ll still get the alarm

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 180 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back