ATO question

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am thinking I want to get the Tunze 3155 osmolator 3 , but I have a question for anyone who has one. My tank is a rimmed Aqueon. Will it work on a rimmed tank. I like to keep my water level close to top so you don’t see it behind the rim. I can trim the inside of the rim if needed. I just need to make sure it will work before I spend $230..

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sophie"s mom

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am thinking I want to get the Tunze 3155 osmolator 3 , but I have a question for anyone who has one. My tank is a rimmed Aqueon. Will it work on a rimmed tank. I like to keep my water level close to top so you don’t see it behind the rim. I can trim the inside of the rim if needed. I just need to make sure it will work before I spend $230..
Any info would be a great help

mues

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

OP
OP
Sophie"s mom

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure if you are getting the older Osmolator 3155 or the newer Osmolator 3, but that link is discussing the 3155.
I don’t have the newer one but I’m fairly sure the sensors are completely different and I don’t think the 3d printed bracket on that thread would help.

OP
OP
Sophie"s mom

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure if you are getting the older Osmolator 3155 or the newer Osmolator 3, but that link is discussing the 3155.
I don’t have the newer one but I’m fairly sure the sensors are completely different and I don’t think the 3d printed bracket on that thread would help.
Hello and thank you for responding. I will be getting the new one. Do you know of anything that will work .

DED65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 3155 inside my rimmed freshwater tank and the level is about 1/8th of an inch below the rim. But, my rim is about 1 inch higher on the inside of the tank than on the outside, kind of like an L shape instead of a U. If your rim is the same inside and out, you may need to get creative in the mounting. If the rim is not too thick, the magnet may hold. You might try a double faced tape if the magnet doesn’t hold, or reach out to @rvitko at Tunze to see if a stronger magnet will hold it to the rim. I know that they sell stronger magnets for their pumps…

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and thank you for responding. I will be getting the new one. Do you know of anything that will work .
Sorry but I have no experience with an ATO on a rimmed tank without a sump. I was just making sure that you knew that the bracket in the thread probably wouldn’t work with the newer Tunze.

OP
OP
Sophie"s mom

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry but I have no experience with an ATO on a rimmed tank without a sump. I was just making sure that you knew that the bracket in the thread probably wouldn’t work with the newer Tunze.
Okay, and thank you for the info because I would have bought it not knowing this.

OP
OP
Sophie"s mom

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone here ever used the newer Tunze Osmolator 3 3155 on a rimmed aquarium? I need to get one ordered but I also need to know I can make it work for my tank. Any input on this would be great.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
S
Has anyone here ever used the newer Tunze Osmolator 3 3155 on a rimmed aquarium? I need to get one ordered but I also need to know I can make it work for my tank. Any input on this would be great.
Send a pm to @rvitko and Roger will respond. They are still pretty new so not alot of peoole are running them yet.
I run the old one and its 7 years old now and still going strong.

Last edited:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 21.0%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 149 72.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.9%
Back