• Start date
  • Tagged users None

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got one vote to stick with chalices kraylen :)

I love me some zoa's here and there but in real life they never look like those pictures because most are so dang small you can't pic out the detail.

ROFL, this from a chalice lover agent? From what I've seen of chalices, without a macro lens or a magnifying glass, you can't even see the color, and how about the thumbnail sliver-sized frags selling for big bucks? from what I've seen, most chalice "colonies don't even cover a frag plug.

agent462

I like my tanks wide
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ROFL, this from a chalice lover agent? From what I've seen of chalices, without a macro lens or a magnifying glass, you can't even see the color, and how about the thumbnail sliver-sized frags selling for big bucks? from what I've seen, most chalice "colonies don't even cover a frag plug.

maybe :)

Just an LPS lover in general.

Re: chalice colonies
That's only because people choose to frag more often than grow out a chalice. The same is said for a lot of zoa collectors that have like 5 polyps. Zoa's look cool 50+ polyps. The nice high dollar chalices should show a majority of the color very easily to the eyes once grown out a little.

Not a zoa hater at all. In fact, one section of the new tank will be dedicated to a zoa section.

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe :)

Just an LPS lover in general.

Re: chalice colonies
That's only because people choose to frag more often than grow out a chalice. The same is said for a lot of zoa collectors that have like 5 polyps. Zoa's look cool 50+ polyps. The nice high dollar chalices should show a majority of the color very easily to the eyes once grown out a little.

Not a zoa hater at all. In fact, one section of the new tank will be dedicated to a zoa section.

Agree with you 100%; same can be said for many zoa collectors - they buy a $100 polyp, and as soon as it buds, they are cutting it off and offering it up for sale. Thats actually part of the reason I've passed over Rastas several times - in person, to the naked eye, I don't see that they are worth collecting.

Just for the record, I'm not an LPS hater either; I love and have had several open brains, currently have three different acans, and two chalices - but I consider chalices some of the least attractive of the LPS. But like I said, there are some zoas that I don't collect as well.

650-IS350

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reason why I don't buy much Z's and Ps anymore, I'm being more picky now ( price and looks " what catches my eye " ) or I only buy what I'm trying to re-collect from my original collection that was lost during my 2 tank crashes.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got one vote to stick with chalices kraylen :)

I love me some zoa's here and there but in real life they never look like those pictures because most are so dang small you can't pic out the detail.
my thoughts exactly!!!! althou i dont collect chalices, just sps.....
i guess if i could afford a macro lens and post shot's like those then maybe, but just seeing them in person never did it for me.....i have prolly seen half of those in person and never even knew it. because they are so tiny.....thats just me thou....:squigglemouth:

Kbra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3965.jpg

650-IS350

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are some Zs and Ps that can be appreciate as a lone polyp, while some can only be appreciated as a large colony.

sharkbait9

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kBRA, your rastas look awesome. All the zoas look great. congrats to all for having such nice looking zoas and paly's

OP
OP
I

inactive

View Badges
Ok, I am officially on a mission for some Strawberry Wines...... a bad mission. Must have....

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I've twice had major dieback problems with my Strawberry Wines...seems like they grow great for a while then just shrivel up one day.

I recently picked up shapeshifters...similar color scheme but much more vivid coloration. I'd vote for them over SW. Seem to be great growers so far.

JMO,
Tim

Ok, I am officially on a mission for some Strawberry Wines...... a bad mission. Must have....

OP
OP
I

inactive

View Badges
I want zoas... I wonder who is local that has some dope polyps that needs LPS :D

reefer916

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice zoas and palys!!!

I do have to agree regarding the Rastas. I got 2 polyps in a trade and when I received them I was suprised how small they were. Could only see the detail, if I squinted and took out a magnifying glass. If my hermit took a poop next to it I couldn't see it anymore..lol However, there are some beautiful large palys out there. Can't wait till I get my hands on all of them...:)

fsn77

Dad of 2 future hobbyists
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow... I started keeping zoas and palys a couple years ago and I'm completely blown away by some of those shown in this thread. I've certainly found a number of must-haves to add to my wishlist. Hopefully, the price tag on them won't also blow me away... Or, maybe I'll get lucky and find someone willing to trade.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back