Australian live rock

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Saw the pics
I was expecting more color according to pics.
No purple at all. This is very good liverock.
Not disappointed, since its still Australian live rock. This is same as NYC persons rock selling for 35 a pound.

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
He showed live rock pictures same as he shows corals picture.
I would have bought it even if these were posted.
No need for those enhanced pics.

OP
OP
Jd120988

Jd120988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw the pics
I was expecting more color according to pics.
No purple at all. This is very good liverock.
Not disappointed, since its still Australian live rock. This is same as NYC persons rock selling for 35 a pound.
He probably took the pics under tank lighting to show color. If I could add this to my tank right now I'd expect the color to pop alot more but there is too much die off to add it to my tank.

OP
OP
Jd120988

Jd120988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will put my pics up tomorrow
Under tank lighting
I have spare tank to cycle and spare light.
I should pick up a spare tank for stuff like this. All I have is my qt tank which I can't use for live rock.

OP
OP
Jd120988

Jd120988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I planed to get some of this as im down the street from unique Corals But price is the same whether they ship it to you or you pick it up...

No thanks
I gotta say it's very expensive and I wish it was cheaper myself. Did you get to check it out in person? I'm curious how much they received.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gotta say it's very expensive and I wish it was cheaper myself. Did you get to check it out in person? I'm curious how much they received.
I did not. I don't buy coral from uc any longer. Seen too much. Was going to take a chance on the rock but don't Feel like paying for everybody else's shipping when there are no macros really on any of the rock.

LOVEROCK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would be interested if u were able to get pics of there holding vat

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I didn't know shipping was included in $25 per pound I thought shipping was free after you bought enough bowels

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Guys I still don't think the price is bad I bought 15 pounds from KP aquatics for 250 shipped overnight to my door which came submerged in water.

This rock is Australian imported but the only difference is I was hoping for more color or macros and not to be shipped with just wet newspaper but fully submerged.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Guys these rocks are the real deal. I haven't been in the salt water game for long maybe 8 years on and off and I've never come across anything like this. The one large piece appears to be an old coral skeleton. Could be hundreds of years old i have no clue...100% expect alot of die off and cycle this before putting it in your tanks. Beautiful rock though i wish i purcahsed more lol.
How many pounds did u get?

OP
OP
Jd120988

Jd120988

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shipping was not included, if u didn't spend over 150 it added the shipping cost at checkout. I would have liked it to be shipped in water as well. But you gotta figure how much more it would cost to ship in water because of the weight plus its pretty common practice to ship wrapped in paper towels so that shouldnt be a surprise. The companies that ship in water are pulling the rock from the ocean and keeping it wet the entire time all the way to your door, that's gonna be near impossible coming from Australia. As for macro.....idk why you guys are saying there's no macro. I have all kinds of encrusting coraline including some green kind and there's halimeda on it as well. It's loaded like the macro I've had out of the florida gulf sellers live rock. I didn't take the greatest pics bc I was holding the rock in one hand and my camera in the other all while rushing to unpack it and get it in water so I could make it to my son's bus in time. This rock is beautiful and the pictures don't do it justice.

HudsonReefer2.0

Algae Happens
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Shipping was not included, if u didn't spend over 150 it added the shipping cost at checkout. I would have liked it to be shipped in water as well. But you gotta figure how much more it would cost to ship in water because of the weight plus its pretty common practice to ship wrapped in paper towels so that shouldnt be a surprise. The companies that ship in water are pulling the rock from the ocean and keeping it wet the entire time all the way to your door, that's gonna be near impossible coming from Australia. As for macro.....idk why you guys are saying there's no macro. I have all kinds of encrusting coraline including some green kind and there's halimeda on it as well. It's loaded like the macro I've had out of the florida gulf sellers live rock. I didn't take the greatest pics bc I was holding the rock in one hand and my camera in the other all while rushing to unpack it and get it in water so I could make it to my son's bus in time. This rock is beautiful and the pictures don't do it justice.
Kid or rock…kid or rock…kid or rock…. dang u rock, kid wins lol

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.2%
Back