Australian mixed nano

Recipe2reefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After seeing melevs video of Eric Eschulist’s nano tank I fell in love with the design, so much so that I’m going to make one here in Australia.
I found this lovely piece of granite on face book market place for 30 dollars, as you can see the edges need polishing so Brought a set of resin polishing pads from eBay, they are cheap so I don’t now how good they will be. I’ll put a link at the bottom for the ones I got.
Iv never polished granite before so here goes nothing.
They should arrive in a week and this will make a lovely top for the cabinet.

These are the polishing pads I ordered from eBay.
10PCS 4Inch Diamond Polishing Marble Pads Wet/Dry Set Kit Granite Concrete 100mm

D919D554-8406-4EB6-99A3-BB2D872802DC.jpeg

OP
OP
Recipe2reefing

Recipe2reefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv been thinking of ideas for a new sump and Iv always been late to the game when it comes to up grading and iv always had a glass box for a sump, so I though it’s time to try something acrylic right!

As soon as you mention the word acrylic dollars $$$ start to appear and by the end your wallets been squeezed and all you have is a plastic box and way over your budget.

The reason for this can be that acrylic is expensive in its self and also, designing something on computer aided drawing software CAD for short, can be very time consuming.

I really want to try and save my money as much as possible on this build and I also want to try and do as much as I can my self so Iv been searching Facebook market place for acrylic and people with laser cutters.
Today my efforts have paid off and I found some great black and white pieces for only 40 Australian dollars.

Worst case scenario to get it all laser cut to my specification will cost me 300 Australian dollars, if I draw what I want in CAD to my specs i will save my self even more cash and that means more money in my pocket!
The acrylic is going to cover a custom glass sump as a skin so I’ll have all the perks of having an acrylic sump but A kind of hybrid.
Iv seen this done before and It ends up looking really nice it also means I’ll be able to do it pretty much my self as well.

ECE72D14-1B54-42A8-9150-12C5BA775032.jpeg F841414A-95A8-40E5-81CC-AA94808AB6E6.jpeg 965391B6-9CD3-4256-BE91-2A099FEF5DCE.jpeg

Last edited:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 166 72.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back