Automated feeding ideas?

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story short, I will be away from my tanks quite a bit this summer.
I can stretch out water changes and have an ATO. Just got set up for automated dosing as well.
However, I have not figured out a good solution for automated feeding. I have one of those battery powered rotary feeders that I have used in the past, but I just haven't had good luck with the pellets. Tank has been on a frozen and nori diet for the last couple of years.

Is there some sort of liquid food I could run through a dosing pump or something similar? I will be gone for up to a week at a time.

I have a yellow tang, lawnmower blenny, and 3 wrasses to feed.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Puchase an Avast Plank feeder and never look back. Best feeder out there, without question.

Use their reef jerky along with your flake or pellets and if you don't have a controller you can use a simple timer from Amazon

@AVAST Marine what timers are people using?

topjimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Puchase an Avast Plank feeder and never look back. Best feeder out there, without question.

Use their reef jerky along with your flake or pellets and if you don't have a controller you can use a simple timer from Amazon

@AVAST Marine what timers are people using?
I have my plank setup as a doser on my GHL controller. I think it is the best feeder on the market.

Ajayabb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also using a plank feeder. Feeding freeze dried mysis and pellets controlled by a smart plug. I feed throughout the day small amounts of food Works great

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 44 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 158 73.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.7%
Back