Automatic Feeder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All , I have been looking at GHL as my next system (UPGRADE:)!!) but I have not seen a feeder available , is there one in the works or would it have to be a custom item requiring wireing of someone elses feeder for the PROFILUX to control?

Last edited:

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is possible to connect an autofeeder to the ProfiLux, but it would require some modification to the feeder.

@Marco@GHLUSA connected his Ehiem auto feeder to the ProfiLux by wiring a 5v DC powersupply.

OP
OP
Dumaurier7

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be possible for you or him to post more details ? Most feeders are programmable, so I am trying to understand how the profilux would override and take control.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dumaurier7 - I appreciate your patience while our team was exhibiting at MACNA & traveling back.

Yes, I have built a feeder, utilizing a simple Eheim and low voltage adapter. Took about 10 minutes to modify. I use one of the outlets on the ProfiLux powerbar to energize the low voltage power adapter, which in turn energizes the motor to rotate the food drum.
I'll post some info about it later this afternoon. :)

-M

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BEAUTIFUL [emoji844][emoji844][emoji844][emoji844]
Been running like a champ since I built it, feeds 4x a day.
I am planning on re-building it at some point in the future, with a socket and power adapter, rather than "hard wired" as this power adapters cable is a bit short, but it's what I had laying around on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

OP
OP
Dumaurier7

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope[emoji17]I it's just not a priority now that I do not have a system ........YET[emoji41][emoji41]

OP
OP
Dumaurier7

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever get a chance to build this?

I got around to setting up the feeder a couple days ago, I opted to completely eliminate the onboard electronics so I cut the wires to the motor and replaced with the supply from the 3V adapter I'm using. I timed how long one full rotation takes and set my feed timers to suit. All has been working like a charm since, the only issue I'm having now (which i hope will be addressed soon!) is the fact that when Feed Pause is initiated manually the feed timer selected for activation remains OFF for the duration.

Support@GHLUSA

Team GHL
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your hopper coming to rest at the same spot, every time, even after repeated operation?

OP
OP
Dumaurier7

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More or less, important thing is it stops at the top position give or take couple degrees.

OP
OP
Dumaurier7

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My feeder works as intended but I've noticed that my pump does not ramp down immediately after FP is initiated, it takes about 5 seconds to do this which means a large amount of food can go down the overflow, is there a way to delay the switching of the feeder outlet to compensate for this?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back