Avast Marine peristatic pump

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, ever since ive had my avast peristatic pump, its always made this clicking noise. Is it normal for it to make some noise?

Ive heard people dont hear anything.

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, ever since ive had my avast peristatic pump, its always made this clicking noise. Is it normal for it to make some noise?

Ive heard people dont hear anything.
Is it the peristaltic pump or the ATO sensor.. You have their ATO iirc?

The ATO sensor clicks when it cuts on/off, the relay I assume.. Is it that or the pump? Is it the whole time it's running?

OP
OP
Cory

Cory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it the peristaltic pump or the ATO sensor.. You have their ATO iirc?

The ATO sensor clicks when it cuts on/off, the relay I assume.. Is it that or the pump? Is it the whole time it's running?

When the Avast peristatic pump is running, it makes clicking sounds as it turns until it stops. Sort of like a chacka chacka chacka. Lol. Its not the sensor.

Yes i have the full ato from avast. Its great, just concerned about the noise, as i dont want any failures.

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is normal. I use these type pumps all the time in the hospital and they all make noises. Sometimes they are pretty quiet in the beginning, but within time the noise increases. There are some that run perfectly, but are much louder than the rest. There's like 3 super noisy ones we had in circulation. There was nothing wrong with them, as they all went through biomed for checkups, but patients would even complain.

OP
OP
Cory

Cory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys :)

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have offered made 4 revisions to the peristaltic pump line over the years, it sounds like you have rev 2, 110v AC motor with blue cover?

v1 was clear cover, dc power. Great pump, very reliable, very loud motor.
v2 was blue cover, ac power. Again a very reliable pump but the quiet ac motor exposed a click of the polycarbonate pump housing as it was pumping, was likely happening in v1 but motor was louder than click.
v3 was solid machined hdpe cover, ac motor. Dead silent operation but the once a year tubing change was a little bit of a PIA.
v4 (current) is laser cut acrylic housing/machined hdpe, ac motor. Dead silent operation and easy tubing changes from the front: http://www.avastmarine.com/products/peristaltic-pump-for-auto-top-off

OP
OP
Cory

Cory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought this pump two months ago, so it seems like version 4. The housing is black and has tubing to be replaced.

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There should be no click with that pump. The only thing you should hear is the rollers gushing sound while squeezing the tubing. If it is any louder than this and is causing an issue please send an email to our support team and we will help resolve the issue.

OP
OP
Cory

Cory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its not a clicking sound but more of a chacka chacka chacka sound. Perhaps the rollers?

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be excess grease on the tubing or the nuts on the front cover may have loosened during shipping. Try these things and report back.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 8.8%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 70 47.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back