AvastMarine K1 Kalk stirrer

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is watertight, so guessing it should be ok... But think it would be ok to put it in water?

Space will be tight and since it is not pressurized and the water drips out I either have to put it in the ATO container that it will get getting its RO water from to drip into the sump or put it in another compartment and drill through stand dividers to drip it into the sump.

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is watertight, so guessing it should be ok... But think it would be ok to put it in water?

Space will be tight and since it is not pressurized and the water drips out I either have to put it in the ATO container that it will get getting its RO water from to drip into the sump or put it in another compartment and drill through stand dividers to drip it into the sump.
I actually had my k2 kalk stirrer located directly in sump when I had it running worked like a charm!

OP
OP
Alchameth

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like in the sump? There would be room in the skimmer section and lower water level... but worried in the off chance it were to lea dumping all that kalk into the tank. At least if it were to leak in the top-off section it would dilute and go back through the stirrer before going into the sump.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 44 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.3%
Back