AWC with DOS Inspiration

Ian Baxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 70-75g total water volume system that I would like to set up an AWC system using my Apex DOS. My mixing station is located in the garage and my tank in the room next to it. I would need to run the tubing along the wall at least 30 feet. Please show me your AWC setups and what I might need in addition to the DOS.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There really isn't a whole lot to show unfortunately. Mine sits on a shelf with tubing running to the salt water reservoir, the sink, and the sump. Very easy to set up and get running.

OP
OP
Ian Baxter

Ian Baxter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There really isn't a whole lot to show unfortunately. Mine sits on a shelf with tubing running to the salt water reservoir, the sink, and the sump. Very easy to set up and get running.
For whatever reason I am nervous to set it up and keep delaying. I also don't really know where I would run the old water to. Maybe outside as that would be closest. The sink is way too far.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For whatever reason I am nervous to set it up and keep delaying. I also don't really know where I would run the old water to. Maybe outside as that would be closest. The sink is way too far.
Outside would be fine as long as you aren't dumping salt water on your grass or anything. You could also set up another container next to your new saltwater and dump it there (you would obviously have to empty that as needed). Once you get it running you will wonder why you waited so long lol.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 26.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back