Azure Damsel not swimming correctly?

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sending fish Ground is inhumane
Well they are in the same state, so technically its overnight but the difference is that there is no delievery by noon etc...but again it kind of shows that ORA is not really about do whats right for the fish, they say they are but do the opposite.

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea I did get them next day, but I’m like the last on the ground route, so I tend to get stuff at like 5pm and as late as 9pm on some days. Overnight tends to come before noon. Big difference especially if it’s 85 degrees out.

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I did get them next day, but I’m like the last on the ground route, so I tend to get stuff at like 5pm and as late as 9pm on some days. Overnight tends to come before noon. Big difference especially if it’s 85 degrees out.
Yeah I understood what you were saying and agree with you, they were trying to save a buck etc since it was on their nickel...it's a real shame since I want to support aquaculture but they appear to be more driven by money etc...I did get other fish from them that were fine but really soured me on the damsels then found that other folks were having the same issue, just a bummer...

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I did get an occ clown from them on the same shipment that is doing fine in my nano after it went through QT.

I unfortunately lost the two damsels that made it through QT. That wasn’t Ora’s fault though. My clown pair in my bigger tank went nuts on them even after I had them in an acclimation box for days. I could not catch them and the clowns were just relentless on them.

bishoptf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did get an occ clown from them on the same shipment that is doing fine in my nano after it went through QT.

I unfortunately lost the two damsels that made it through QT. That wasn’t Ora’s fault though. My clown pair in my bigger tank went nuts on them even after I had them in an acclimation box for days. I could not catch them and the clowns were just relentless on them.
Yeah clowns can be real a*holes sometimes, I lost the mate to one of my clowns and got one from ora in my same shipment and had the large one doing the same thing. What I have found with clowns at least for the ones being aggressive is to remove them to a temp tank for 2 days while the new one goes into the tank. What I have found is that totally resets them and when you place them back into the tank they act like totally different fish, crazy stuff...but it's a PIA to catch them etc...

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back