Babies!!!

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saw the first of the babies my female molly has been carrying! Adorable little one. Born in full saltwater. :) waiting to see how many more Mama gives birth to!

IMG_5212.jpeg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This reminded me that I had put a molly or two in our fish tank I don't think I have seen the last survivor recently. I wonder if its in the overflow or inside the tusk? I don't have a lot of luck with these but I add them now and again because they are cool fishes. Congratulations, Papa.
Im Sorry Fast Food GIF by All Better

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This reminded me that I had put a molly or two in our fish tank I don't think I have seen the last survivor recently. I wonder if its in the overflow or inside the tusk? I don't have a lot of luck with these but I add them now and again because they are cool fishes. Congratulations, Papa.
Im Sorry Fast Food GIF by All Better
Lol I would be a fish mama :) I have her in a big net for now (until the breeder box comes tomorrow) but have only seen the one little one! Not sure how I even spotted it but I did! Cute little fish

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I would be a fish mama :) I have her in a big net for now (until the breeder box comes tomorrow) but have only seen the one little one! Not sure how I even spotted it but I did! Cute little fish
I started with guppies, the other livebearer, and these fishes still have a soft spot in my aquarium. I'm not sure how that fish survived in your tank? It would have likely been eaten in mine shortly after it sprang outta moma. A little bit of Chaetomorpha in the breeding net might keep mom from munching. Good luck!

not impressed the look GIF

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started with guppies, the other livebearer, and these fishes still have a soft spot in my aquarium. I'm not sure how that fish survived in your tank? It would have likely been eaten in mine shortly after it sprang outta moma. A little bit of Chaetomorpha in the breeding net might keep mom from munching. Good luck!

not impressed the look GIF
Yeah I was looking at my tank and saw this black dot and looked closer and realized it was a baby! Swooped it in a net then got mama in the other so I can pull them. This little guy almost got sucked into the vent!

My first thought when I saw it was that a big butt pod!!

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I was looking at my tank and saw this black dot and looked closer and realized it was a baby! Swooped it in a net then got mama in the other so I can pull them. This little guy almost got sucked into the vent!

My first thought when I saw it was that a big butt pod!!
The Joy and surprise of Spring.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Little one day 2! Got the little guy a breeding box :)

Make sure you have your gloves on when you work around this little guy. They have a really nasty bite, maybe more dangerous than a dog or a shark bite when they are hungry. The breeding net is a good idea to keep it away from the other fishes and keep them safe from this tiny predator.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 111 81.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%

Back