Back after 25 years away

Drummer98

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the bug has bitten me again after being away from the hobby for 25 years.
I am starting with a 60 gallon breeder tank, Marcos dry rock, CaribSea sand, Fluval 307 canister and a Penguin 350 hob. I built the stand 27 years ago out of oak and kept it just in case I wanted back in the hobby. I just refinished it to go with our furniture in the basement.

I am a semi retired IT systems administrator. I say semi retired as I work a few hours a week in a golf pro shop to pay for my one of my other addictions and it also gets me out of the house. When I am not playing golf, I am banging on the drums with my band, "Dangerous Dogs". I loosely say band as all of us are semi retired and we all played in bar bands for years but now we just get together and make some noise, have some adult beverages and talk about our current medical aches, pains and procedures. Long gone are the brags of other "conquests". :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

I'm really looking forward to building this reef system up and learning more from all of you !

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gif_1690809774163_Original.gif

cdemoss01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the bug has bitten me again after being away from the hobby for 25 years.
I am starting with a 60 gallon breeder tank, Marcos dry rock, CaribSea sand, Fluval 307 canister and a Penguin 350 hob. I built the stand 27 years ago out of oak and kept it just in case I wanted back in the hobby. I just refinished it to go with our furniture in the basement.

I am a semi retired IT systems administrator. I say semi retired as I work a few hours a week in a golf pro shop to pay for my one of my other addictions and it also gets me out of the house. When I am not playing golf, I am banging on the drums with my band, "Dangerous Dogs". I loosely say band as all of us are semi retired and we all played in bar bands for years but now we just get together and make some noise, have some adult beverages and talk about our current medical aches, pains and procedures. Long gone are the brags of other "conquests". :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

I'm really looking forward to building this reef system up and learning more from all of you !
Welcome to reef2reef

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi and welcome back. I started in the hobby 25 years ago and you will find that the equipment has changed but fortunately for you the biology has not! Good luck with your new build!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 72 78.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.4%
Back