Back chambers for WB 65.4g AIO?

sweetcoralina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I’m wondering what’s everyone putting in the back chambers? I ordered some filter cups and going to put them in (1) and (5) with filter floss. Then (2) I plan to add skimmer but not until I have more livestocks. (3) has a divider in the middle so one side I put return pump and the other side is going to be heater. (4) should be biological filtering.
It seems like the filter that come with water box people don’t have good experience with. So what should I put in (4) and for (1)(2)(5) should I put something else in there? And since I don’t have any livestock now can I just run the return pump and heater, without anything to cycle? Thanks in advance.

IMG_5151.jpeg

tedfisher496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I’m wondering what’s everyone putting in the back chambers? I ordered some filter cups and going to put them in (1) and (5) with filter floss. Then (2) I plan to add skimmer but not until I have more livestocks. (3) has a divider in the middle so one side I put return pump and the other side is going to be heater. (4) should be biological filtering.
It seems like the filter that come with water box people don’t have good experience with. So what should I put in (4) and for (1)(2)(5) should I put something else in there? And since I don’t have any livestock now can I just run the return pump and heater, without anything to cycle? Thanks in advance.

IMG_5151.jpeg
you do not want the heater in the same section as the return pump. you can run the pump and heater and do a fishless cycle.

OP
OP
sweetcoralina

sweetcoralina

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you do not want the heater in the same section as the return pump. you can run the pump and heater and do a fishless cycle.
I moved it to chamber 2 and added more water to fully submerge the heater. It’s still under the baffle of chamber 2 but return pump chamber has higher level now. Is it okay?
IMG_5160.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5161.jpeg
    IMG_5161.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 5

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 59 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back