Back glass cover ?

Psiber_Syn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lawnmower blenny don't live in the sand so crushed coral is just fine my first tank he was in was crushed coral

radar_17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I painted the back of my tank black (hard to do after it's set up I know). You can buy sheets of plexi-glass that are black or blue (or pink for that matter... whatever color you want) on Amazon in various sizes. It's not that hard to cut with the proper tool... also cheap on Amazon. This would make a durable back-ground, and if you decide you don't like it it has various other uses. Now I'm working on covering my back panel with corals. I started a small frag tank where I'm propagating ricordea and dicosoma mushrooms. Once they're in inch in diameter or so, I glue them to the back wall. I've also got a couple clumps of green button polyps and one clump of anthelia starting to spread across the back as well. The anthelia is also used to conceal my over-flow box and my return nozzles. These are all durable corals that can handle the varying light intensities and varying flow qualities found along the back glass. Enjoy!

bump3rb33tl3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the plexi glass idea. Currently I use poster board on both of my tanks just because I like to change things up.

I use a canister on both of my tanks. I made sure to use ones that are rated for at least 50gl more than the tank to help ensure good filtration as well as a skimmer in each tank. I also clean the canisters out every 2-3 wks. Both tanks have been up for a couple years now and the only thing I cant keep is SPS..but I think that is more a lighting issue than anything else.

Reef On!

JackDE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I was wondering what you decided to use? I just brought 2.5% window tint to put on the back of mine. I think I have enough space between my tank and the wall to get it on there good :)

OP
OP
brianguz760

brianguz760

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I was wondering what you decided to use? I just brought 2.5% window tint to put on the back of mine. I think I have enough space between my tank and the wall to get it on there good :)
Hey well I still did not buy anything lol. Only because I've been working and just started my vacation. I'm probably gonna head out today and buy some I will post a picture as soon as it is done :)

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 24 22.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 75 71.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.8%
Back