Bashsea ss-48 with two Klir di-4's

Chris Kunz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to pick out a sump for a new nuvo ext 200. I originally wanted a synergy sump, but with shipping it was almost twice the price of the bashsea sump. If I do the bashsea sump I would like to use a rollermat. So I guess the question is, does anyone know if one or two klir di-4's will fit in a bashsea sump without any mods to the sump? I tried to search it, but came up empty handed. Any help is always greatly appreciated.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Usually, Bashea sumps do not have a sock holder to say, just a pipe. You may have to buy the adapter.
Can you post a picture of the sump you are looking at?
I bought a Fiji 46" sump and yes I like it.

OP
OP
C

Chris Kunz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ss-48.png
Here is a picture of the sump. This one does come with sock holders. I know the Klin filter needs the water to be an inch or so above the top of the sock holder to activate the sensor. I am not sure if the holes on the top would let the water get high enough? I also don't know if the lip on the top of the sump would allow a Klin filter to fit in either of the side sock holders, or just one in the middle. I am also assuming I would need some way to plug the openings for the unused filter sock holders.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plugging one of the sock holders is easy, Kilr sells them and Bashea should offer them as well. You could call Bashea and see if they know? Maybe reach out to Coralvue, there is a thread here on them and Coralvue has chimed in.

OP
OP
C

Chris Kunz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I did reach out to Bashea and they said they thought it would work, but didn't know for sure. I was hoping some one on here that had tried/done it would see it and chime in. I didn't think about asking Coralvue however, and I didn't know they already sold plugs for the sock holders. That helps a lot. Thank you!

OP
OP
C

Chris Kunz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, it took me several days to get through all those posts but they were very helpful. After reading them all I came across the IceCap 48 XL that Coralvue told me would work for sure with the klir-7. I also really like the footprint and the free shipping for it I found, so I think i will go with that sump and the klir-7.

Thanks again for the help and showing me that thread.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I did reach out to Bashea and they said they thought it would work, but didn't know for sure. I was hoping some one on here that had tried/done it would see it and chime in. I didn't think about asking Coralvue however, and I didn't know they already sold plugs for the sock holders. That helps a lot. Thank you!
I'm going to be using two klir-7's in Custom ss-60 by them. I redesigned the sock area to accommodate for the Klir requirements. It should be coming in shortly. Steve was pretty decent to work with.

Back