twelvefive

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently using Fluconazole as well.

I started with Vibrant about 4 weeks ago due to a GHA outbreak that I could not get under control through normal measures (it also takes a really long time to die with a blackout - my sump rock was completely carpetted with it and it stayed alive for weeks after pulling the fuge light. only died due to vibrant)

I just recently added in fluconazole because I noticed tiny patches of bryopsis starting up and these things are always best treated immediately if possible.

As far as corals go, I have had some losses due to botched H2O2 treatment where I got carried away blasting multiple areas of the tank and realized I had put way too much peroxide in after I was done. This predated my vibrant / fluconazole treatment. Lost a chalice and several heads of candy cane coral, as well as half of a cyphastrea plug before stabilized.

Since then I've lost a yellow fungia plate for unknown reasons - probably irritated too often with sand from a hectors & links goby.

I don't believe any of these losses are due to vibrant OR fluconazole. SPS (monti, acro, birds nest, etc), LPS (hammer etc) are all happy. I just mention it for transparency.
I finished 6 weeks of treatment then did a final water change and add bac almost 2 weeks ago. All GHA is gone, but I do have a little bubble algae that survived. All of my corals, inverts, and fish survived. My sand has some rust colored stuff on it, but it's not hurting anything at the moment and doesn't seem to be getting worse so I'll watch it and see what it does.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 20 38.5%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back