Beginner Aquascape LF tips / Coral placement

NoobishReefer22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I would like some feedback / input about my aquascape specifically any concerns with it as well as where I can put some specific corals if you guys see any good opportunities for any specific corals. Tank is cycling at the moment and I won't be adding corals anytime soon.

20240309_192518.jpg

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's looks great. Good job at creating safe places for the fish. My only coral recommendation would be to stay away from the invasive ones like GSP and xenia. You don't want them taking over everything.

OP
OP
NoobishReefer22

NoobishReefer22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh thank you super insightful! One of my major concerns building my aquascape was if I was allowing for enough good spots to grow corals.

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2x Noops K7 pros I may upgrade to 3 in the future if I decide to add some SPS.
Depends, some sps, like stylophora or most montis don’t need a super amount of light. Flow is super important as well. Those are decent lights honestly. What size tank? Looks like an IM AIO?

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I would like some feedback / input about my aquascape specifically any concerns with it as well as where I can put some specific corals if you guys see any good opportunities for any specific corals. Tank is cycling at the moment and I won't be adding corals anytime soon.

20240309_192518.jpg
Aquascape looks great lots of little caves and such. It also looks like you are spread out very well for corals. Just get good lighting, and learn what goes where for proper flow and light, and know their growth rate. You will wind up with a beautiful tank. Nice job. Do you plan to add any live rock?

OP
OP
NoobishReefer22

NoobishReefer22

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends, some sps, like stylophora or most montis don’t need a super amount of light. Flow is super important as well. Those are decent lights honestly. What size tank? Looks like an IM AIO?
You are correct it’s a IM SR80 AIO. I am hoping 2 of these lights would be good enough for some SPS but the tank is kind of long at around 60 inches.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back