Best Apex AFS food?

tjnorthdakota

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I was wondering what people use in their auto feeders for feeding their fish. I have used the neptune cd food and really liked it except the cost, so I am looking for advice. I currently use the your fish stuff marine supreme pellets ( http://www.yourfishstuff.com/marine-food ) and love the value for the quality of food that it is, however, I don't like how fast they sink to the bottom compared to the CD food which in my opinion is more of a semi sinking pellet by comparison. The fish gobble up both products while its in the water column but I encountered a lot more waste in the marine supreme after it hit the sand where the cd food didn't usually hit the sand before it was eaten. So in overview I'm looking for a food that is somewhat semi sinking for a good value but any advice is appreciated, what have been your experiences for different foods?

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Keep in mind that the CrossOver Diet : CD is based on the same granulated and pelleted feed that has been proven very effective in finfish and invertebrate aquaculture all over the world. We worked closely with Neptune Systems on it. The feed is of very high quality, both nutritionally and structurally. While the price might seem high, IMO, you are getting your monies worth.

Chad

OP
OP
tjnorthdakota

tjnorthdakota

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Keep in mind that the CrossOver Diet : CD is based on the same granulated and pelleted feed that has been proven very effective in finfish and invertebrate aquaculture all over the world. We worked closely with Neptune Systems on it. The feed is of very high quality, both nutritionally and structurally. While the price might seem high, IMO, you are getting your monies worth.

Chad
I do realize the quality of the product, and I am considering ordering the reef nutrition tdo chroma boost in the 1lb bag instead of the cd(save about$9-12/mo and $30 overall on the same amount cd). My fish will go through 2-3 bags of the cd food in a month and it gets really expensive is all, if the cd was offered in a more bulk size for a bit of a discount like all larger packaged amounts it would be more economical I think. 3oz bags are just to small.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.2%
Back