Best auto feeder that allows feeding for timid fish?

Stuckita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking to pick up an auto feeder to use daily. I have a smaller aquarium, waterbox 35, currently homing 2 clowns, 1 royal gramma, 1 watchman goby.

The goby is timid and tough to feed, currently needs to be hand fed from a pipette due to the clowns and gramma being pretty aggressive during feeds.

I’d like to automate feedings - what’s my best options? The cheaper the better, although I feel given my need for food in the water column the avast plank might be the only option?

aSaltyKlown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eheim makes a feeder station that its feeder sits on top of.

It extends into the water and allows pellets to saturate before sinking.

1715167697954.png

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I like the eheim feeder, its cheap and reliable. I have 3 of them that are a few years old, never failed me.

I position them over the powerhead so the food gets distributed through the tank. Don't worry about the watchman, when he gets hungry he will be bolder to get a piece of food.

OP
OP
S

Stuckita

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I like the eheim feeder, its cheap and reliable. I have 3 of them that are a few years old, never failed me.

I position them over the powerhead so the food gets distributed through the tank. Don't worry about the watchman, when he gets hungry he will be bolder to get a piece of food.

yeah eh? Maybe I'm lucky, but trying to make sure he is fed is one of the greater stresses in my life over the last 6 months haha. Currently I hand feed him every second day, but I'd love to keep my hands out of the tank.

darrick001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't had good luck with auto feeders. I tried 4 differnt ones and all of them drop in way to much food or no food. Now I only use one for vacations. Maybe I just need more fish lol.

dmsc2fs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another think that can help is to use a small wave maker. I have a plank feeder and directly under the outlet I have a Jebao SLW-3. It sends the food across the tank instead of having it drop in one place. This way the hogs sit by the feeder and eat but food gets blown across the tank for the fickle feeders also.

edit: oh, yeah, what Mr. Mojo said! :)

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 50 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 176 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.9%
Back