Best controller/monitor combo?

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

I've been trying to decide which combination of controllers and/or monitors would be best for my system.

First off, my lights (AI Sol) have their own controller.

I'm looking to get the best combination of a new auto top off unit (currently don't have one), a wavemaker (currently don't have one), and the ability to remotely check or receive emails on my PH, temp, or salinity if possible.

I've been drawn to digital aquatic's equipment as I'm working with a budget here.

It seems I have came to two options:

1.) Reefkeeper lite option
-A reefkeeper lite + Sl1 Expansion unit w/ ph probe (200)
I would get the benefit of: the controller allowing for a wavemaker and an auto top off setup.
Along with PH/Temp probes

+ the ability to monitor - so I was wondering if a net module would be a good idea to pair with this setup. (110?)

2.) The second option is to run with a monitor and an individual wave maker and ATO unit.
-A lifeguard monitor
I would get the benefit of: Online monitoring of PH and Temp monitoring at the least

Then I could go for the Hydor Korila SmartWave wave maker (70)

Then I would need to purchase an individual ATO unit.

Again, consider my lights are controlled and I would need another power strip for the lifeguard option.

The aquarium is a 40 gallon cube stocked with LPS, softies and montis.

Looking to see what you would do/think of this..

Thanks for the help and your time!!

Railcar79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went reefkeeper, but the more I read the more I wish I went reef angel. PH probe, temp probe, float switches, controller and everything for less than $300, and it can control your sols too

OP
OP
mfollen

mfollen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the quick response!! Just looked into the reef angel, it looks awesome!

I'm going to look into this a little more, any more advice is welcome anyone!

Railcar79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best part is it is Arduino based, so once you get the hang of it, you can build your own strips (american dj strip with mechanical relays) and expand out to what ever you can dream of. I saw a guy on another site who was discussing a DIY robotic arm to fees his fish

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back