Best glass sraper?

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I have a nano reef (16 Gal) I also have rockwork and coral quite close to the glass. I cannot use magnetic cleaner as they do not fit between the rock and glass. So I think I need a low profile scraper with a fairly long handle. Could anyone please recommend a good, low profile, easy to use glass cleaning divice?
Seemed to me not a priority as far as equipment goes, but in the clarity of time a good scraper would be worth it weight in gold to reduce the chore of keeping my glass clean.

Thanks

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I have a nano reef (16 Gal) I also have rockwork and coral quite close to the glass. I cannot use magnetic cleaner as they do not fit between the rock and glass. So I think I need a low profile scraper with a fairly long handle. Could anyone please recommend a good, low profile, easy to use glass cleaning divice?
Seemed to me not a priority as far as equipment goes, but in the clarity of time a good scraper would be worth it weight in gold to reduce the chore of keeping my glass clean.

Thanks

The Nano Flipper is much thinner than a Mag-Float

This could be an option too

MiguCo Stainless Steel Algae Scraper Cleaner with 10 Blades for Aquarium Fish Plant Glass Tank

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m fan of the tunze scraper line and they give you replacement parts. The magnet is strong and I typically only have to do one pass with it not back and forth like most. I also have the flipper but my only gripe about it is it feels cheap and flimsy for the price you pay and the magnet doesn’t feel as strong as the tunze.

OP
OP
S

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, for getting back on such a "non sexy" subject. The Flipper is no good to me for a number of reasons including the fact that mine is an all in one tank so no go as I like to keep the back clean and the 'Back sump" is full of stuff;)
HOWEVER the MiguCo Stainless Steel Algae Scraper Cleaner is the bomb! exactly what is called for, thanks GoVols

Cbones1979

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Nano Flipper is much thinner than a Mag-Float

This could be an option too

MiguCo Stainless Steel Algae Scraper Cleaner with 10 Blades for Aquarium Fish Plant Glass Tank

Will it scratch the glass? The aqueon one I have has

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 162 72.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.9%
Back