Best lights for fluval evo 13.5

greenhorn reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for that! What size is your tank? What corals are you growing? I'm going to be transferring LPS, zoas and a green nepthia. They've been thriving under a basic led light so a tad nervous as to how I'm going to acclimatise them....

Red Sea e 260 (260 liter). I'm growing sps, lps, and softies. I wouldn't say you have to start as low as I did but I wouldn't go over 50w to start.

Bdog4u2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just bought 2 for my new 300 litre upgrade, very nice lights but struggling with the settings-any hints / advice?
There's files you can download on facebook. Search aqua illumination user. They have good files that are good start points. I also used the color wheel to find the spectrum i wanted then wrote down setting of each color and transfered it to my auto settings

Georgecox1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the Current Orbit with controller option in the 24" size. You have to remove the plastic hood. The side piece can stay. I'm ordering an IM do it your self screen top holder now to put over the open area because I have a Dracula goby who is a major jumper. I've also considered having a sign shop cut me a piece of custom plexiglass for a classier look. I posted a video on You Tube to show how the Orbit/Current System sits on the Evo to give people ideas if they are thinking about that product. Search #littlereefergirl or Evo 13.5 + Orbit.

image.jpg

image.jpg
Will the 18 to 24 inch work on the tank

DiZASTiX

Spikeasaurus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm confused. @nstuber3956 said it would fit without modifications but @Nano Reef Q says it won't. I'm not sure if they're exactly the same product, but a I prefer the stock look for an AIO, so I prefer the hood to fit over the aquarium (otherwise, to answer the question of the thread, nearly any pendant light and some 24 inch T5 setups will work .. to that effect getting a Kessil a360w-e seems reasonable, as I have the hybrid T5/LED setup, which takes three Kessil a360w-e pendants, and I already own two (so if the day were to come to change the lighting here, I can move the a360w-e to hybrid setup.

jebernier

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the Current Orbit with controller option in the 24" size. You have to remove the plastic hood. The side piece can stay. I'm ordering an IM do it your self screen top holder now to put over the open area because I have a Dracula goby who is a major jumper. I've also considered having a sign shop cut me a piece of custom plexiglass for a classier look. I posted a video on You Tube to show how the Orbit/Current System sits on the Evo to give people ideas if they are thinking about that product. Search #littlereefergirl or Evo 13.5 + Orbit.

image.jpg

image.jpg
I saw your post on YouTube, great info. I was looking at that light also.

Nano-DaveJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw your post on YouTube, great info. I was looking at that light also.
Also keep in mind that, unlike the Fluval LED, the Current Msrine is not waterproof and it will be constantly wet from condensation if you try to use it with the original hood. If you’re looking for a controllable LED that will work with the stock hood you might try the Fluval Marine 3.0 15” LED. That one sits pretty well on the hood opening based on some pics I’ve seen

ducboy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

image.jpg

image.jpg
So you are able to run that light under the hood? I got current USA LeD pros on the sides for white light during the day. The stock light defaults to white when the timer cycles but I want it for the blues all day. If your light stays in the blues even during off time and firs under the hood I’m getting it. Too much dog hair in my house for open top

Back