Best pairing fish!

Jack Eskay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi just wanted to get everyone's opinion on what the best fish/ inverts that pair together are. I have a 70 gallon tank with 4 fish. Including two clowns. I would live to get a mandarin pair but I don't know my tank couldn't supply enough pods even with the fuge. So if anyone knows what a good, cute bonded pair would be I'd love to know!
Thanks!

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
70g will be a little tough for a pr of mandarins.

Firefish and bangaii cardinals will form bonded prs. Neon gobies, flame and longnose hawkfish, and diamond gobies all pr up.

goatcorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a pair of zebra barred dartfish that are fun to watch. You could get 3 juv and have a good chance. Any 2 fish is 50/50, but odds with 3 are much better... too early for math

Preme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think a pair of fire fish would look awesome or I love pajama cardinals also they will pair up great!

azbigjohn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you watch Divers Den they frequently have bonded pairs... Unless you a very lucky, getting two of any fish does not frequently lead to a long term bonded pair.

In that size tank, I think you would enjoy a goby/pistol shrimp "pairing". Wathcing a Yellow Watchman Goby and a pistol shrimp work together to build a den, and keep each other safe and fed is always a blast, and they can actually seem personable...

There are many other gobies that with pair with pistol shrimp.

laga77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flame Hawkfish pair up really easy. I have two pairs and a pair of Longnose. A pair could fit in your tank nicely. No dry foods. Live,fresh, or frozen only.

OP
OP
Jack Eskay

Jack Eskay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you watch Divers Den they frequently have bonded pairs... Unless you a very lucky, getting two of any fish does not frequently lead to a long term bonded pair.

In that size tank, I think you would enjoy a goby/pistol shrimp "pairing". Wathcing a Yellow Watchman Goby and a pistol shrimp work together to build a den, and keep each other safe and fed is always a blast, and they can actually seem personable...

There are many other gobies that with pair with pistol shrimp.

I'll defiantly check divers den! I already plan on getting a goby shrimp pair for my 10 gallon so I'm looking for something a buy more active. I may also coincided skipping the pair and looking into a long nose butterfly. Do you think one would do well in my tank while it's small?

azbigjohn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll defiantly check divers den! I already plan on getting a goby shrimp pair for my 10 gallon so I'm looking for something a buy more active. I may also coincided skipping the pair and looking into a long nose butterfly. Do you think one would do well in my tank while it's small?
\

I have not had a ton of luck getting long nosed butterflies to eat, so I hazard recommending them. That being said they are a nice looking fish if you are able to get them to eat consistently.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go to an LFS ask to see it eat. Wait until you can find one that gets right in the fray to eat.

OP
OP
Jack Eskay

Jack Eskay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go to an LFS ask to see it eat. Wait until you can find one that gets right in the fray to eat.

Will do, I know all about cbb but had bad success my first go with them and read that the long nose do a lot better.

Larry Somers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a magnificent fireface and an Atlantic blue tang, two different species, that have bonded (paired), always together!
Anybody else who has seen pairing of different species?

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I've read somewhere rabbit fish and tangs will pair sort of as a mutual relationship, sorry I can't remember exactly where I saw that

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back