Best places for frags and corals

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a place that has a good coral selection... willing to drive to Waukesha area from southern WI... I could eventually go to dells or Madison area but not this weekend... just looking for something to browse. Last weekend we hit a few around us and were disappointed on selection...

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of the guys are saying Best Fish in Milwaukee, they have a web site, cheap prices, haven’t started my build yet but @Zach B has been there.

OP
OP
dmy535

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of the guys are saying Best Fish in Milwaukee, they have a web site, cheap prices, haven’t started my build yet but @Zach B has been there.
I’ve been there. Store is old and small, but honestly has best selection and prices for sure. The higher priced stores I’ve been too lately are just not as good...

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It's pretty tough this time of year to find a good selection at a good price but things will improve in the next couple of months. I've been told that winter is when they get the most business and order the most livestock/corals. Best fish definitely has the best pricing I have seen locally

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The other bigger shops it seems you are paying for all of their toys and displays

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I believe we still have our inside man at best fish as well ;) Maybe he can give us some more insight on when the best time to come in is.... @TaylorP78

OP
OP
dmy535

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet the winter is the best time because everyone is inside staring at their tank! Hahaha

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bet the winter is the best time because everyone is inside staring at their tank! Hahaha
Also probably coolest for most shipping destinations. @WIReefer has a place down in Janesville he shops at but I never found out the name of it. Not sure if he only got fish there or corals also.

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
we are a little drive from you but Badgerland saltwater in Janesville Wisconsin! we have a pretty good selection and we are always expanding it!
Very cool! Thank you for the info

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Best fish no doubt
America aquatics has decent selection but pricey
Honestly- BEST is reef Geeks near O'hare airport.

There will be great vendors at RAP

OP
OP
dmy535

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best fish no doubt
America aquatics has decent selection but pricey
Honestly- BEST is reef Geeks near O'hare airport.

There will be great vendors at RAP
Been there. Nice selection, but the staff was a bit shady and too pushy on “buy all 3 for $X” and “if you’re buying 2 you should buy 2 more and I’ll give you a deal” - just a bit too back door shady

OP
OP
dmy535

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been there. Nice selection, but the staff was a bit shady and too pushy on “buy all 3 for $X” and “if you’re buying 2 you should buy 2 more and I’ll give you a deal” - just a bit too back door shady
This was ref reef geeks

OP
OP
dmy535

dmy535

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up going to Milwaukee’s best fish. Must’ve just got a new shipment that week. They had a cool selection. I was tempted to go crazy, because prices were so good.... but stuck with the Goniopora and hoping it does well for me!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Ended up going to Milwaukee’s best fish. Must’ve just got a new shipment that week. They had a cool selection. I was tempted to go crazy, because prices were so good.... but stuck with the Goniopora and hoping it does well for me!
Stopping at best fish today for LRS food. Cant beat prices

adittam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best local prices I’ve found by far are @Coral Savers. Shane does not have a retail store, but he sells live sales here on R2R, on Facebook, and on EBay. Shipping is discounted in WI, and he offers free local pickup in Stoughton if you are able to coordinate a time that works for you and him. Obviously it takes a little more effort to shop this way compared with going into a store and buying what you want, when you want, but I’ve been thrilled with every coral I’ve purchased from him.

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Best local prices I’ve found by far are @Coral Savers. Shane does not have a retail store, but he sells live sales here on R2R, on Facebook, and on EBay. Shipping is discounted in WI, and he offers free local pickup in Stoughton if you are able to coordinate a time that works for you and him. Obviously it takes a little more effort to shop this way compared with going into a store and buying what you want, when you want, but I’ve been thrilled with every coral I’ve purchased from him.
He definitely has some nice frags, I've purchased about 15 so far. Added 2 more last night on ebay :)

TWiSTEDSOCiETY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we are a little drive from you but Badgerland saltwater in Janesville Wisconsin! we have a pretty good selection and we are always expanding it!
Wow I just found you guys due to this Forum. I live in Orfordville and defiantly will be stopping in to see you guys. Just an FYI... I couldn't find your address on the website and I have a BFA in Web-design and Interactive media if you guys ever want my help :) I did at least find the address on google search business.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 83 44.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 64 34.2%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 26 13.9%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back