Best portable ac unit

PapaFishRocks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with Fungi. We use these in the offices at our facility in the UAE. If they can handle that heat, they can definitely take care of a fish room.

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with Fungi. We use these in the offices at our facility in the UAE. If they can handle that heat, they can definitely take care of a fish room.

he didn't say anything about the units... he said about the self install attempts by a non certified HVAC person.

And i have seen nightmares from people thinking easy... means easy... because HVAC is NEVER easy.
Being Property management, you see a lot of what the heck moments when people think DIY applies to everything.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would vote for a small split system. Easier to install and act much like a central ac systemn

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CANT GO WRONG WITH THESE:

Agree

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he didn't say anything about the units... he said about the self install attempts by a non certified HVAC person.

And i have seen nightmares from people thinking easy... means easy... because HVAC is NEVER easy.
Being Property management, you see a lot of what the heck moments when people think DIY applies to everything.
From my experience ( I used to be in the HVAC industry), the MrCool DIY is the easiest, as long as you are handy with tools. One hole thru a wall for the pre-charged line set. Dont even need to install a whip/breaker, as it plugs into standard outlet.

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my experience ( I used to be in the HVAC industry), the MrCool DIY is the easiest, as long as you are handy with tools. One hole thru a wall for the pre-charged line set. Dont even need to install a whip/breaker, as it plugs into standard outlet.

i should show you the nightmare pictures i have from people who thought they could patch a 1.5 inch hole that goes outside with just 20min fastset.

Then you'll understand what i mean about DIY... lol

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i should show you the nightmare pictures i have from people who thought they could patch a 1.5 inch hole that goes outside with just 20min fastset.

Then you'll understand what i mean about DIY... lol
Having seen some things as well...I know what you mean....DIY is not for everyone.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back