Best public aquarium in NYC

Maritimer

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good choice!

Bring your swimsuit . . . they've got (for an add-on fee) a snorkeling pool with fish in it, and offer a cage dive in their shark tank, as well. Joe's tank is 20,000 gallons of awesome.

New York Aquarium at Coney Island _was_ good, and will be again - but they're still recovering from Hurricane Sandy.

~Bruce

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Riverhead is your only choice as was said the New York Aquarium was damaged and I think it is still closed. As you go to the Riverhead Aquarium on the Long Island Expressway you will get off at exit 72. As soon as you get off the exit, on your left is my friends Hotel. The Indigo. Very good hotel if you want to stay out there. After the Aquarium keep going east to the wineries, there are probably 27 wineries out there. I go all the time. There is also a Vodka distillery near there where you can sample all sorts of Vodka's and buy it. Keep going east to the end. That is Greenport. Plenty of cool stores there. I like the chocolate one the best but your wife will love the leather shop right in the center of town. Eat clams at Claudios clam bar if it's open. I know they were selling it. If you have extra time you can take the 7 minute ferry ride to Shelter Island then another very short ferry ride to the South Shore by the Hamptons. You may see Christie Brinkley. But if not, there are also more wineries. OK, just go to the Aquarium if you want, but you will be missing the best parts of Long Island.
If you want to know anything about Long Island, or Manhattan where I worked for 40 years, send me a PM.
This is from there.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 122 43.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 136 48.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 12 4.2%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 2.8%
Back