Best Pump For a IM Nano 10 Gallon

michaelb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am setting up a IM Nano 10 Gallon tank and I am wondering which pump would be the quietest for the tank. IM lists the pump as up to 92 GPH. The pump that came with it was quiet for about an hour now its making a lot of noise. I cleaned it but the noise persists.

Thanks for the time,

Michael

TheLadyCrash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I am setting up a IM Nano 10 Gallon tank and I am wondering which pump would be the quietest for the tank. IM lists the pump as up to 92 GPH. The pump that came with it was quiet for about an hour now its making a lot of noise. I cleaned it but the noise persists.

Thanks for the time,

Michael

Is it making noise like it's rattling against something?

OP
OP
michaelb

michaelb

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is I took a look at that but seems to be fine. It might be the cover by were the plug wire connects the pump in that might causing noise. It's more like the impeller but you might be right i have a better look in the morning when my son is awake. the tank is in his room. Hence why the pump needs to be as quiet as possible. He likes the whir(might even help him fall asleep) but the rattle is no good.:) I will place a protein skimmer and media reactor in there as well so the pumps need to be a quiet as possible.

Any thoughts on a super reliable and quiet pump are still wanted. even as a back up to what I have now.

Thanks for the time,

Michael

TheLadyCrash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is I took a look at that but seems to be fine. It might be the cover by were the plug wire connects the pump in that might causing noise. It's more like the impeller but you might be right i have a better look in the morning when my son is awake. the tank is in his room. Hence why the pump needs to be as quiet as possible. He likes the whir(might even help him fall asleep) but the rattle is no good.:) I will place a protein skimmer and media reactor in there as well so the pumps need to be a quiet as possible.

Any thoughts on a super reliable and quiet pump are still wanted. even as a back up to what I have now.

Thanks for the time,

Michael

I have found that the slightest thing touching the pump can cause rattling or vibration. The quietest pumps I have found are the Sicce brand.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.1%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 164 72.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.8%
Back