Best salifert tests to replace api

softiesplease

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I am wondering the best salifert test kits to replace API tests. If there is a salifert that is not really better than API it would be good to know. If this is not the correct place to post I apologize I figure this counts as reef chemistry. Looking at the Ca, Mag, Alk, Nitrate, pH, phosphate, nitrite, ammonia, silicate. I have all but the silicate in API tests

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I am wondering the best salifert test kits to replace API tests. If there is a salifert that is not really better than API it would be good to know. If this is not the correct place to post I apologize I figure this counts as reef chemistry. Looking at the Ca, Mag, Alk, Nitrate, pH, phosphate, nitrite, ammonia, silicate. I have all but the silicate in API tests

Salifert is good for everything but Phosphate.

For Phosphate use a Hanna checker.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use Hanna for alkalinity also. Fastest and easiest test kit available. Little more money up front but down the line you only have to buy refills

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Even if you can only buy one at a time, I would go for Hanna, at least for what I call “ the big 4”, PH,ALK, NITRATE, AND PHOSPHATE. Salifert are fine, I have several that. Use. I just personally like Hanna because it takes the guess work out of the equation.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back