Big OPPS!

HB Fisheye

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do to human error :loudly-crying-face: my tank was overdosed with Elimi-NP. I've done several water changes and I'm running activated carbon. The water is still very cloudy. Is there something else I can use to clear it up?

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do to human error :loudly-crying-face: my tank was overdosed with Elimi-NP. I've done several water changes and I'm running activated carbon. The water is still very cloudy. Is there something else I can use to clear it up?
Keep the water well aerated. A protein skimmer can help export the bacteria. Wait several days for the bacteria to clear out on its own.

Miami Reef

Clam Fanatic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @Miami Reef. I've been trying to run my skimmer but it just overflows so easy. I figured it would be a waiting game. It seems every time I do a water change it gets more cloudy.
Does the protein skimmer have a DC air pump controller and a manual valve?

In my experience, keep the DC air pump on max, and tune the valve down so the skimmer water level is lower.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the skimmer is an hob you may have problems with foam and water all over the floor. Than drop in an air stone or 2.

If the skimmer is in the sump just remove the top and let over flow into the sump.

If you have a 5 micron sock or a diatom filter those would help remove the bacteria.

Carbon won't remove the bacteria. Keep up with the water changes or add a uv. That will wipe out the bacteria.

Many ways to skin a cat.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 10.0%
Back