Bio Cube Dissapointment

wvryders

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello - I am new to Salt Water Aquariums. I have had a 14 gallon bio cube for a little over a year. I added extra water flow with a air pump and also added protein skimmer. I have had no success with corrals even though I have tried several times. I have also had a lot of problems with keeping the levels in the tank normal - especially the calcium which is why I am sure I keep losing the corals. I do water changes once a week. I really want a reef tank and I am thinking of switching to a 30 gallon tank.

Any advice on equipment would be appreciated.

ReefPops

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I first started in the hobby I had a 14 gallon Biocube. Once I was hooked it seemed too small and I had to bigger and tried out a 90. For me that went disastrous and I left the hobby for about two years. Three years ago I got back in and went with the 29 gallon biocube. For me this was the easiest of the three to maintain and I have had success with corals (mostly LPS) and have really enjoyed the system (knock on wood). I do weekly water changes and to keep my levels I use the 2 part B-Ionic. I often find that once I get the levels consistent, the water changes keep them that way. Just a few fluctuations now and then. For an AIO I really like the 29 gallon biocube. I'm looking to maybe start another tank and have contemplated the RSM130D or maybe even a Solana. I am just looking for additional lighting flexibility so I don't have two PC systems. I really like the AIO systems though so that's why I lean that way. I'm guessing some others maybe have non AIO options that would work also. Good luck. It definitely takes patience.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R and sorry for the troubles you are having.

We're here ready to help you!

Let me ask you a couple questions.

1. What type of corals were you trying to keep?
2. What type of lighting
3. What did you have for flow in the tank?

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 2.5%
Back