Biocube 32 first reef tank

Pffft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New here, not sure if I’m doing this right but here is my 3 month old biocube 32. First attempt with saltwater after having cichlid tanks for quite some time. Everything has been growing so hope it’s going well! I know the bio cube doesn’t have the best lighting system, anyone with long term success with the stock light and lots of corals? Also open to any tips being new to the hobby!
IMG_2747.jpeg
IMG_2735.jpeg
IMG_2754.jpeg
IMG_2824.jpeg
IMG_2821.jpeg

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like you're off to an awesome start! The stock lights should be fine for the soft corals and LPS you have growing. You should only need to upgrade lighting if you wish to grow SPS corals, or if you just want a different look or more controllability. Keep up the good work!

OP
OP
P

Pffft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like you're off to an awesome start! The stock lights should be fine for the soft corals and LPS you have growing. You should only need to upgrade lighting if you wish to grow SPS corals, or if you just want a different look or more controllability. Keep up the good work!
Awesome, thanks for the feedback!

nickng

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, thanks for the feedback!
The light is actually great for zoas, hammers, torches. I managed to bleach my golden/orange leptastrea like the one you have by putting it at 8 inches below the surface.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 182 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back